G3 modeling thread

I'll just patiently wait for FW18. For all we know Cliff is busy adding the Formant Shift and upgrading the Pitch Shifter to make it extry-extry special. :)

So the amp conversion is done? This is great news! And the pitch shifter upgrade is also great!

I've been playing with FW18 for some time now and so far the amps that I've tried sound great. I'm not actually sure which ones have been converted yet. There's a few night and day type differences like f.ex. the Rectifiers. It's finally tight. I've been struggling with that Petrucci Rectifier tone from Train of Thought times... I think we're finally there. The palm mutes that growl back and don't just chugg like a Mark IV f.ex are there and the low end is a lot more controlled.

Now... I'm not even sure if Rectifiers have been redone yet but I prefer them at this point already. :lol Most likely Cliff will chime in to say that there's no difference in them yet.

The JCM800 definitely made me say the Frankenstein: "It's alive!" line. For some reason I've always been a bit meh considering how much attention JCM800s get in the real world. I feel like now I get it. It's so honest to what you're playing and cuts where guitar tone should.

I've been playing with FW18 for some time now and so far the amps that I've tried sound great. I'm not actually sure which ones have been converted yet. There's a few night and day type differences like f.ex. the Rectifiers. It's finally tight. I've been struggling with that Petrucci Rectifier tone from Train of Thought times... I think we're finally there. The palm mutes that growl back and don't just chugg like a Mark IV f.ex are there and the low end is a lot more controlled.

Now... I'm not even sure if Rectifiers have been redone yet but I prefer them at this point already. :lol Most likely Cliff will chime in to say that there's no difference in them yet.

The JCM800 definitely made me say the Frankenstein: "It's alive!" line. For some reason I've always been a bit meh considering how much attention JCM800s get in the real world. I feel like now I get it. It's so honest to what you're playing and cuts where guitar tone should.

The Rectos have been redone. You can tell which amps have been ported by going to the "Pre" tab in the Amp block. At the bottom will be the name of the amp. If the model is a G3 model the name will have "(G3)" appended to it.

I was hoping ( as others are) this would pop tonight.
My guess is: They have to finish the code for AxeEdit to work with the upgrade.
BTW..dick is in hand, with anticipation!

I was hoping ( as others are) this would pop tonight.
My guess is: They have to finish the code for AxeEdit to work with the upgrade.
BTW..dick is in hand, with anticipation!

Not necessarily. Axe Edit has never come out at the same time as the firmware. I was hoping for tonight as well but at least Axe Edit is not likely the reason it doesn't.

The Rectos have been redone. You can tell which amps have been ported by going to the "Pre" tab in the Amp block. At the bottom will be the name of the amp. If the model is a G3 model the name will have "(G3)" appended to it.

Cliff will all of the amps in the first release of FW18 be G3?

Ooops, I'm sorry, I just guessed that if something else is being worked on, then that the modeling is finished, it wasn't done on purpose :)

By the way, Clark/Cliff, I will ask a question that I asked before. For example, in the rectos, different channel volume and master volume combinations affect the tone drastically. Does the new fw include adjustable channel volume?

Lastly, I'm really glad that the recto became tighter. I saw that really missed that beast when I played with the Recto 2 Red Modern after almost a year with the Mark and the Triptik as the high gain amps..

For example, in the rectos, different channel volume and master volume combinations affect the tone drastically. Does the new fw include adjustable channel volume?

The amps that the models are based on do not have "channel volumes", whatever that means.

I think he's referring to the master volume of each channel, like on Mark series amps.

Man I'm looking forward to this !!I know it's "Petty" but the waiting is the hardest part ! I'd almost drive to your house and polish your shoes for a Beta ! :)
Well, maybe I exaggerated a little there :)

Back
Top Bottom