Fw18... news?

maybe not the right thread but just curious as to whatever happened to the marshall 4140 (which was according to some old posting being modelled)?

It is so exciting, the axe fx gives us "mortals" access to stuff most of us can only dream of, every day when I fire my
axe fx II mark II up, within 5 minutes I am saying to myself, damn!! this thing sounds good .. I did it today, and will certainly do it tomorrow!!

Previous in my life when I've got something new that feeling of "awesomeness" faded away within a couple of weeks at best, but more regularly
within hours after unpacking whatever box / amp I just had bought.

Since I got my axe fx 2.5 years ago or something I've increased my playing time with at least 3-400 % ... and that is a testament in itself

well off again to go and play with the double verb and the hold reverb function :)

thanks Cliff and FAS .. and don't forget to thank Mr Petrucci and other that deserves to be thanked

We released 18.00 officially for the XL+. There is no way to get all amps converted to G3 in any reasonable amount of time as we simply don't have some of the amps anymore. So what we did is released 18.00 as-is. I will probably do the same for the Mark I/II and XL this weekend or next week.

We have tracked down most of the remaining amps and they are on the way (Cameron CCV, Bogner Fish, etc.). But there are a couple that we are having a tough time getting a hold of. Namely a Mesa IIC+ and a Soldano X-99.

I have an authentic "Soldano X-99" I am willing to lend out for the cause. I also have a couple of Soldano SP-77 Series II's (amongst other things, if interested).

Please let me know, and how we can go about doing this.

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0058.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 150
Being new to the XL, with my experience in the Ultra, I'm not exactly sure what's in the new rigs yet but I've never heard mention of Speedster or Top Hat. Awesome amps that I don't own but have played thru. Also Magnatone.

I've got a TopHat Emplexador that sounds incredible. I don't know if Cliff is looking for new amps to G3 for 18, but I'd be happy to offer mine. Does anyone know if there's been talk about needing new amps or replacing old ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having JP lend his c+ is the best thing that ever happened to me as an axe fx user! Cant wait to crank that thing up and play some overture 1928.

The confidence Cliff has in G3 to model the physical amp that JP actually uses is pretty impressive... considering there are sound clips of his IIC+ all over the place, there's no reason why we shouldn't be able to match the IIC+ tone exactly, especially with the tonematch feature.

It's a bold move.

The confidence Cliff has in G3 to model the physical amp that JP actually uses is pretty impressive... considering there are sound clips of his IIC+ all over the place, there's no reason why we shouldn't be able to match the IIC+ tone exactly, especially with the tonematch feature.

It's a bold move.

Bold but well-founded.

Yeah - it's a perfect test in order to validate how accurate G3 actually is.

... not to mention, and this is just a hunch, but this makes it VERY likely that someday JP will make the switch to the AFX for amp modeling. as long as he himself deems it an accurate model of the IIC+ (as well as other amps that he uses - heck he might lend Cliff all of his amps to be G3'd). Very cool stuff.

It's a bold move.

Yeah but a tone-match is a static thing. Sure, you can play around with it a little with the amp block in front of the TM block and with EQ, but that's not modeling the way the amp functions.

That's the whole point of the Axe-FX. Otherwise it's just a filter, isn't it?

Yeah I thought about that too. He could definitely find ways to work the AXE into his amp simulation, whether in the studio or small gigs like 'that metal show' and things like that.

Yeah but a tone-match is a static thing. Sure, you can play around with it a little with the amp block in front of the TM block and with EQ, but that's not modeling the way the amp functions.

That's the whole point of the Axe-FX. Otherwise it's just a filter, isn't it?

G3 = accurate amp sim
+
tonematch = match the exact CAB that JP used in that track
=
exact JP IIC+ tone

I'd dispute the veracity of a lot of sound clips anyway. You have losses in converting to mp3, YouTube destroys audio, etc. Unless you're in the room with the guy, playing through that amp, the truth of the sound people are comparing it to is inferential at best.

I would also like to bring up this question: Why are people so bothered about updating the factory presets? Presets are updated as soon as you use them, or if you Update All Amps All Presets? Do people still not know about this? Or are people asking for different presets with different amps?

Back
Top Bottom