FW 10 Preview - Joe Bonamassa

Cooper, that was great as expected from you. ;). The tone sounds amazing.

If there's anything that might help to improve the over all tone here is to add a bit more pre-delay to your chosen reverb tail and/or fuss with the early refection settings. IMO, with reverb dense tail starting near the attack, the reverb can wash the attack and loose the nice blooming effect reverb can offer. This tends to wash the tone and set you back to much in the mix.

Of course, effects and tone are subjective. If you're happy, this is all that is needed.

You have great chops.

Cooper, that was great as expected from you. ;). The tone sounds amazing.

If there's anything that might help to improve the over all tone here is to add a bit more pre-delay to your chosen reverb tail and/or fuss with the early refection settings. IMO, with reverb dense tail starting near the attack, the reverb can wash the attack and loose the nice blooming effect reverb can offer. This tends to wash the tone and set you back to much in the mix.

Of course, effects and tone are subjective. If you're happy, this is all that is needed.

You have great chops.

Great point! The washy reverb you're hearing was actually added in post to mimic the Beacon room verb that's on the live recording. I certainly could have dialed it down a bit, but since I used a filter on the track to suck out his guitar part, I needed to add back as much sonic space as possible.

The patch uses a spring reverb with Joe's standard delay. I can upload the dryer version of the guitar stem for you to hear later today if I get a minute.

I have been using pre-delay set by song tempo on my current project.

A sixteenth note pre-delay on fast passages, really sounds good to my ear.

Fantastic playing - practically indistinguishable from Joe B's playing and tone...

Will you be posting the patch on Axe-Change? That way all the rest of us can.... oh wait, no we can't, because the majority of us haven't GOT FW10

Unless Firmware 10 comes with Cooper's hands, I'm not sure it will help me much to play this. Superb job.

MM

Cooper,
You seem to nail all these different styles so effortlessly ....makes me jealous . Nice job as usual. Keep em coming

Back
Top Bottom