Free Dynacab pack

Pardon my language in advance here but...

How the fuck do you rationalize that? The feature set of the Axe FX III is what you paid for. These Cab Lab packs are completely separate. Cab Lab itself is an entirely different product. Just... what
Well besides being a jerk, you are also misquoting me. I said the cabs on the Axe-FX should be free so I can use them in my DAW in the final mix of my printed Axe-FX tracks. I also said I would be willing to pay a modest fee like $15 dollars for this capability. I respect that Fractal is generous but I've also given them $8k, more than any company besides Ford (including having purchased Cab Lab previously and many IRs) and I didn't say anything about the pricing of the new cab packs which are fairly priced so take a breath next time you plan to jump down someone's throat.

I've also bought AxUltra/2/3 - those purchases never included CL packs. CL packs were always a paid additional product afaik (there may have been a freebee giveaway now and then - but generally, a paid product).
Let me clarify my statement. I don't think the Cab packs should be free. I'm ONLY talking about being able to have the IRs that are already on the Axe-FX so I can use them in Cab Lab in my DAW.

Nobody has said DynaCabs are the new default format.
I find this reply puzzling. It is the newest technology and is being proliferated by Fractal with new software and models. No one's ditching their IR collection anytime soon but this is clearly the direction Fractal is going and other vendors also as Two Notes is selling "DynIR"s. They are superior to static IRs. Since they've launched I've changed many of my presets with slightly better results with the new tech.

I find this reply puzzling.
DynaCabs are a new option. Being that you have to change the Cab block to choose them, by definition they are not the default...

They are superior to static IRs.
That is an opinion. Some share it, some don't.

In the end, it's still an that IR you're using...

Since they've launched I've changed many of my presets with slightly better results with the new tech.
Cool. I'm enjoying them also, however I haven't changed any of my own presets because I have yet found what I'm looking for.

I think you've been around here long enough to know that everyone has their own workflows and preferences.

Reactions: mwd
Well besides being a jerk, you are also misquoting me. I said the cabs on the Axe-FX should be free so I can use them in my DAW in the final mix of my printed Axe-FX tracks. I also said I would be willing to pay a modest fee like $15 dollars for this capability. I respect that Fractal is generous but I've also given them $8k, more than any company besides Ford (including having purchased Cab Lab previously and many IRs) and I didn't say anything about the pricing of the new cab packs which are fairly priced so take a breath next time you plan to jump down someone's throat.
I will admit I could have communicated it a much less "crass" manner, definitely. But the core of my response doesn't change, even with the extra context of the full post.

I can respect that what you outlined are features you want. What I can't respect is feeling entitled to them. Apologies if that's not what you were trying to get across, but it sure sounded like it to me.

The underlying data is actually raw .IR files! :)
So here's what I think happens, but tell me if I'm wrong. My basic assumption is that only exported IRs in Ultrares format will be more than 2048 samples.
  1. Using cablab 4 as a plugin to recab your signal: the dynacab IR length is 2048 samples
  2. Using the cablab stand alone app to recab your signal: the dynacab IR length is 2048 samples
  3. Exported UltraRes IRs from dynacabs, either from plugin or stand alone, will be more than the 2048 samples (up to 8000 samples?)

As someone who has bought three units and a foot controller over the years and here in Australia they are expensive, I don't think anyone who buys fractal products are 'cheapskates'
I think there's a very important perceived value that justifies paying what we do.

You can thank the shipping companies, supply and demand and your importer/distributor, and your government for the difference between what Fractal charges here and what you paid there. Fractal makes a profit, like they do when we purchase domestically, and from that they peel off a lot of time and effort for the upgrades. There's a huge amount of generosity and benevolence on their part.

Dude, Yes! Now I can't remember where it was. Hopefully someone will remember.
I don't think we'll see all the same IRs that are in the factory Cabs since many are from third parties and they would need to reshoot their cabs as Dyna-Cabs because a standalone IR can't be converted. They will need the same cabs or the same microphones as were originally used, and if they were like Fractal's some were borrowed/loaned.

Fractal said that there will be additional cabs added to the internal suite, and that they're already working with some third parties, but we don't know much beyond that. Except that they take a lot more time to shoot.

I don't think we'll see all the same IRs that are in the factory Cabs since many are from third parties and they would need to reshoot their cabs as Dyna-Cabs because a standalone IR can't be converted. They will need the same cabs or the same microphones as were originally used, and if they were like Fractal's some were borrowed/loaned.

Fractal said that there will be additional cabs added to the internal suite, and that they're already working with some third parties, but we don't know much beyond that. Except that they take a lot more time to shoot.
I think he was referring to the factory DynaCabs only...

Back
Top Bottom