Fractal user reviews TONEX Pedal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you need the $249 Tonex capture box to capture amps with the pedal or can you mike it?

Attachments

• 9FB259EE-917D-4DC8-B8C7-BB69D297EC00.jpeg
    9FB259EE-917D-4DC8-B8C7-BB69D297EC00.jpeg
    332.2 KB · Views: 12
Do you need the $249 Tonex capture box to capture amps with the pedal or can you mike it?
You can't capture anything with the pedal itself. It does include the software though. You would need to use your own audio interface to capture or they their own interfaces and capture boxes

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MSS
The pedal can work as an audio interface though can’t it ?
Just for playing.. the pedal is a capture loader whether their yours or off the cloud. They sell separate interfaces for capturing. Or you can use your own but you may need a reamp box. For those willing to play other people's captures, the pedal is all you need.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was gonna check it out for $299 but the code does not work anymore. I guess they figured it out lol.

You can't capture anything with the pedal itself. It does include the software though. You would need to use your own audio interface to capture or they their own interfaces and capture boxes
Can’t or can ? It is not possible to capture with the tone x pedal only ? Just curious.

Haven't heard good things about it as an interface.

Fully inside a FAS loop in a complex preset has noticeable latency for me. It's better going into it then out to the FM.

Haven't heard good things about it as an interface.

Fully inside a FAS loop in a complex preset has noticeable latency for me. It's better going into it then out to the FM.
Interesting. I don't have latency at all. Noise yes. I had to fine tune for some noise on high gain captures

Interesting. I don't have latency at all. Noise yes. I had to fine tune for some noise on high gain captures
I don't feel it when using it standalone. I don't feel latency using the FM9 standalone at all. But with the ToneX in the loop; there is a disconnect for me. Perceived or not? It's a bit better when going into the ToneX then out to the FAS.

I don't feel it when using it standalone. I don't feel latency using the FM9 standalone at all. But with the ToneX in the loop; there is a disconnect for me. Perceived or not? It's a bit better when going into the ToneX then out to the FAS.
Hmm. I wonder, is the gate off on your return input?

Reactions: JTI
Wasted half my Sunday trying to get the f’in ToneX Capture box to work with my UAD Apollo Twin so I could make a profile of an amp head. Couldn’t get it to work. Super frustrating. Going to send it back to Sweetwater.

Wasted half my Sunday trying to get the f’in ToneX Capture box to work with my UAD Apollo Twin so I could make a profile of an amp head. Couldn’t get it to work. Super frustrating. Going to send it back to Sweetwater.
I had weird level issues after this last update as well. Submitted a support ticket for it. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom