Fractal user reviews TONEX Pedal

Status
Not open for further replies.
To elaborate:

A ToneX preset can have a noise gate, a compressor, an amp, a cab, and a basic reverb - I personally don't use any of the FX, as I have it in the loop of my Axe-FX III.

IRs are contained with the preset/slot in the pedal - you cannot change/choose a different IR for that preset in the pedal itself - you would have to edit the preset in the ToneX player on your computer and re-upload the preset to the pedal. Edit: This was actually incorrect, I should read the manual :)

For Captures where the AMP+CAB where captured together, if you disable the "Cab" block, they ToneX software uses "de-cab" feature - where they try to remove the contribution of the cab after the fact (not something I would use).

Last edited:
I’ve only looked at the documentation but something that strikes me as a shortcoming is that TRIM IN is a global with no ability to adjust the settings on the fly. There is no MIDI parameter specified for the function so that’s a no go. Potentially a poser if you’re using more than one guitar in a live setting.

IRs are contained with the preset/slot in the pedal - you cannot change/choose a different IR for that preset in the pedal itself - you would have to edit the preset in the ToneX player on your computer and re-upload the preset to the pedal.
Have you confirmed this.

I ask because on the-forum-that-shall-not-be named (henceforth OTFTSNBN - where I deleted my more than 10 year account even before the Cliff debacle because of the combination of high handed and arbitrary behaviour on the part of the moderators) one user states “Once you import a preset with any Ir that IR is available interchangeably.”

And the manual says -
4. Press the MODEL encoder to enter the CAB menu.
5. Rotate the MODEL encoder to choose the CAB category (MODEL, VIR or IR).
6. Press the MODEL encoder to enter the chosen category.
7. Rotate the MODEL encoder to browse CAB models.

which I read as saying you can select different IRs on the device.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Have you confirmed this.

I ask because on the-forum-that-shall-not-be named (henceforth OTFTSNBN - where I deleted my more than 10 year account even before the Cliff debacle because of the combination of high handed and arbitrary behaviour on the part of the moderators) one user states “Once you import a preset with any Ir that IR is available interchangeably.”

And the manual says -
4. Press the MODEL encoder to enter the CAB menu.
5. Rotate the MODEL encoder to choose the CAB category (MODEL, VIR or IR).
6. Press the MODEL encoder to enter the chosen category.
7. Rotate the MODEL encoder to browse CAB models.

which I read as saying you can select different IRs on the device.

Thanks.
Doh! I should have read the manual -I played with the pedal and couldn't find how to change cab I figured you couldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom