Fractal Does Rush Tribute

I'm not nearly as much a Rush fan as many on this board, but that's a VERY impressive performance of the entire band (if it's an unedited recording).

Is it your band?
During mixdown, I used LALA.AI to remove drum bleed from the vocal mic. The singer moves away from the mic too often, so I had to heavily compress his signal to keep it level. Without LALA.AI, the drum bleed would have been overwhelming. Other than that, and some post vocal effects, it's unedited.

When AI isolation becomes realtime, live mixing will take a huge leap forward.

During mixdown, I used LALA.AI to remove drum bleed from the vocal mic. The singer moves away from the mic too often, so I had to heavily compress his signal to keep it level. Without LALA.AI, the drum bleed would have been overwhelming. Other than that, and some post vocal effects, it's unedited.

When AI isolation becomes realtime, live mixing will take a huge leap forward.
Sounds great! I've seen your other band a couple of times now when I've been to Vegas and have always been impressed with your tones and playing.

The transition from solo to lead rhythm around 03:15 is awesome.

The transition from solo to rhythm around 03:15 is awesome.
I use the Gordius LG2 functions to fade in the input into an Axe delay block, then ramp up the delay feedback, then ramp down the delay input. Couldn't do it easily without the LG2 ramp and delay functions. And I got lucky that night and didn't make some grotesque noise that kept repeating over and over. More often than not, I screw it up in some way. I used to have the decay much longer, but I shortened it in case of a mishap.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom