FM9 Firmware Version 6.00 public beta (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm waiting until the official release to download but I'm curious how well the gapless switching works. I don't have a need to switch amps in a set but I do use 4 to 5 different drives in a preset which requires me to program 1 drive block with up to 3 different channels. In the past I've been unable to use scenes due to the drop out caused by switching from 1 channel to another on a single drive block. Does anyone with this new beta firmware do something similar? Does gapless switching actually allow you to switch scenes in this capacity without a drop out?
It’s instantaneous, like turning on/off an analog drive pedal. I primarily use drives into cleanish amps too so this is huge for me. But I reverted back to 5.01 because of the reverb issue and the other bugs people are mentioning. I can’t afford a crash live.

All my presets do not have an amp block or cab block. I just use it as a pedal platform,(drives, rotary, tremolo, etc.

I've never used amp or cab block on the FM9 since I've had it. The CPU usage is also only between 50% and 60% so I'm not running it hot.

It's still crashing.
so just put an amp block in your preset (or presets) for now, it worked for me - doesn't need to be attached to anything, just on the grid somewhere

I'm just wondering I bought a lot of custom presets for the FM9. Some were created on FW 3.0 some later like FW 4.1 or FW 5.1.

The bottom line is if I upgraded to FW 6.0 beta would all my presets work?

I am assuming to take advantage of the new gapless switching etc I would have to go into each custom preset and hit "SAVE" again to re-save it so that it updates to using the new features of FW 6.0 beta?

My guess would be since some of the amp parameters have changed like speaker drive, etc... the tone could be off in presets. May have to tweak?

Does fractal update the factory presets after big firmware updates like this?

Maybe a bug? I tried swapping presets and it doesn't seem to work

• Click the Presets
  • Click Manage
  • Drag a preset over another to swap. (I see "Exporting...." in the status)
  • The presets are in the desired locations.
  • Save. I see the preset names refreshing in Edit

When I go back, the list is the same.
Running the newest FM9-edit?

My guess would be since some of the amp parameters have changed like speaker drive, etc... the tone could be off in presets. May have to tweak?

Does fractal update the factory presets after big firmware updates like this?
That's a big lift - they do update factory presets occasionally but not on a regular schedule.

Ok , i m on the old 5.0 version all is fine , great sound , good ir from the best , so game changer really ?

It is a game changer (gapless switching etc) but there's bugs being reported and being fixed. I am very happy with 5.1 and I WILL upgrade to 6.1 once it's deemed very robust. I prefer robustness over latest features. I'm the same way with my cars. I never buy the first iteration (year) of a new model :)

It is a game changer (gapless switching etc) but there's bugs being reported and being fixed. I am very happy with 5.1 and I WILL upgrade to 6.1 once it's deemed very robust. I prefer robustness over latest features. I'm the same way with my cars. I never buy the first iteration (year) of a new model :)
Got it ! Thank you

Possible issue?

Please take a look at my presets. I set up a song to have separate Intro, Verse and Chorus presets. These are pared down from the original presets as I have some of Moke's stuff in there for acoustic and some 3rd party cab IR's so I don't want to post with that in there. If I combine everything into a single kitchen sink preset I go over the CPU limit, so I need to do separate presets.

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but most of the time when I switch from Chorus back to Verse, I can hear something like 2 clicks or jumps (sorry guys, terrible description, I know). It happens when transitioning between all 3 at times. It might be a little hard to hear it, if I have the 3rd party stuff in there, the problem seems worse and easier to hear.

I'm running the latest FM9 Edit, 1.02.08. I'm using headphones. I tried disconnecting the USB cable, no difference. I'm using per preset and I had a previous issue where I had to take off all the Holds and set each foot switch Hold to Unassigned. Let me know if you need more info. TIA for any help you guys can provide.

Attachments

• Intro.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Verse.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Chorus.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 5
@Gonash @geetarplayer @KyleHowdy @dicXjonesify @Sergius9 @HarrySound @CoffsterP @pelmenische and anyone else who liked my post about the reverb mix: looks like we're out of luck, see above. I will update now and see if I can match the wet/dry balance I had before. I run my reverbs in parallel so my mixes are already at 100% so I will be using the input gain and level parameters instead.

I also generally run everything into the front of edge of breakup amps so it's possible that I'm perceiving a greater reduction in the wet level than if the reverbs were after the amps due to how amps handle wet fx into the front.

run my reverbs in parallel so my mixes are already at 100% so I will be using the input gain and level parameters instead.
You only need to use level if the problem is a lower level of reverb and you're already running at 100% mix in parallel. Input gain shouldn't factor in to anything. Just move the level up to make it what it was before.

@Gonash @geetarplayer @KyleHowdy @dicXjonesify @Sergius9 @HarrySound @CoffsterP @pelmenische and anyone else who liked my post about the reverb mix: looks like we're out of luck, see above. I will update now and see if I can match the wet/dry balance I had before. I run my reverbs in parallel so my mixes are already at 100% so I will be using the input gain and level parameters instead.

I also generally run everything into the front of edge of breakup amps so it's possible that I'm perceiving a greater reduction in the wet level than if the reverbs were after the amps due to how amps handle wet fx into the front.

Since it’s in parallel, could the output or just go higher?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom