FM9 Firmware Version 6.00 public beta (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Killer update! Thanks @m_brown and others!

Had lots of fun with the stock 59 Bassman with a Gold Reverb. No idea whether it is that model and/or the verb algorithm change, but it is magic. I can finally see the appeal of very honest, touch-sensitive setups and the wide range of sounds you can get from them.

Other thing that stood out: the updated amps, such as the Recto and the Friedman, sound like they got their balls back.

I’m always skeptical of confirmation bias with updates like this. But I’ve never spent much time on either of those amps in the past, and I’ve tried a few times to click with them.

Where is this option located in the settings menu? I can't find it
I'm away from my FM3 for a while, but it should be under Setup - Utilities - one of the pages near the end of the list. So press D on your device, scroll to Utilities and "page right" until you find it.
It is called "Upgrade all presets" AFAIR, and it reads all your presets one by one, applies changes relevant for new FW and saves each preset back.

I'm not sure if "refresh after the new firmware" available from the Editor does the same, but HW utility seems to be the easiest way to update all presets to include the latest changes.

I'm not sure if "refresh after the new firmware" available from the Editor does the same, but HW utility seems to be the easiest way to update all presets to include the latest changes.
This does not cause all presets to be resaved. It simply re-reads some information the editor needs from the hardware.

I'm away from my FM3 for a while, but it should be under Setup - Utilities - one of the pages near the end of the list. So press D on your device, scroll to Utilities and "page right" until you find it.
It is called "Upgrade all presets" AFAIR, and it reads all your presets one by one, applies changes relevant for new FW and saves each preset back.
This is not a feature on the FM9.

Great stuff! Well done maestro Matt B! :cool:

I did recognize a drop in volume of the Brit Silver in my favourite preset, so I had to adjust the output level by at least 6db to ensure it was on par with the other amp in this preset (ODS 100 Clean). Previously this was already on par.

Just updated and the JP2c presets all had to be massively reduced in level from -18 or so to -34 or so...my other presets seem the same and the gapless switching is great!

I have the new firmware installed and the latest FM9-EDIT. I seem to be having a problem trying to backup the unit using the inbuild Fractal-Bot. Even if I just select bthe system backup it goes to 1%, then 2%, then back to 1% etc. Until it gives me a timeout message.
1706115525809.png
Standalone Fractal-Bot seems to work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom