FM3 Firmware Version 7.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
I successfully use a MIDI-blue tooth adapter in my MIDI port. But I'm still oh 6.01. Not thrilled with the parade of isolated issues I keep seeing with those who've moved to the current release. Sadly, you've given me one more reason to be cautious.

I successfully use a MIDI-blue tooth adapter in my MIDI port. But I'm still oh 6.01. Not thrilled with the parade of isolated issues I keep seeing with those who've moved to the current release. Sadly, you've given me one more reason to be cautious.
mine was working well before the update
i still can use everything from the unit, the problem is only on fm3 edit
i'll post a thread of the issue

usb-b port is not working on my unit (tried lot of cables)
so the only option i had was to buy the roland um one cable
midi worked well untill the update
My usb stopped working after the update too. after days of searching and checking connections, I noticed FM3 Edit Settings/Preferences/General/Ports/InOut: was not green checked

after fixing that, mine worked as well as before the update

Finally had a break where I could update to firmware 7. Everything went smooth and all sounds pretty good. I played a little with the dyna cabs, but will need to really set down and try to hone them in. I did update the latest presets, but was wondering how do you know if it took. It does not really show you anything when downloaded. Everything sounds good. Now I need to update the FM9 but will wait until I get used to the FM3 and be comfortable. Thanks Fractal!!!

That works for edit but not audio or am I wrong? 7 is great. Worth trying out. But 6 was good too.

Please sir....can I have some more (updates)??
You lose willy wonka GIF

gapless switching on the FM3 would be awesome, i'm more than happy to wait for it.... but yes, any updates would be great!
It would definitely be super useful, more so with fm3 than any other fractal unit, for my uses.

But it seems there's increases CPU usage on the III for this. Still, I saw a note on axe III on a later (I think) firmware release where "improved CPU usage" was mentioned. Which brings hope.

Still, personally I'm more so excited about the JCM 2203 :D But I'm a jcm addict, and always wanted more of them in fractal units.

On the topic of dyna cabs, like I probably wrote before, I've been able to get very close to some of my favourite IRs I used previously.

There's still some differences.. but for a while now I've more or less switched every preset I use to dyna cabs. Simply the level of control has been very useful.

I would say I already had amazing sounding IRs before for high gain, but kinda typically struggled with less than high gain tones. With dyna cabs I've been able to get pretty much bang on what I've wanted there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom