FM3 Firmware Version 6.00 beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Lupo Here's a quickie to get you started. You can load it overtop of any layout you aren't using.
One thing though -- it doesn't have a way to get back to the MLM. You can do that using knob E on the Home Screen.

View attachment 110639
Hey Matt, how can I incorporate my fc6 into this mix? such as once I hit the middle button for sections my fc6 displays all the sections 1-6? I guess I need to read the manual. This is a bit different from the Ax8...:)

Hey Matt, how can I incorporate my fc6 into this mix? such as once I hit the middle button for sections my fc6 displays all the sections 1-6? I guess I need to read the manual. This is a bit different from the Ax8...:)
Well, ultimately it depends on what YOU want, but I have some good experience with what works for the average live performance, so I will also make an OMG9 with Song/Set before FW6 is released as production firmware.

By the way, nice to see you here! I was in your hometown on a layover this past spring and thought of you.

My two cents….. Loaded Beta 6.3 and the new FM3-edit. I have an issue most users may not….. My band does covers of 450+ songs. I have built each song as a separate preset with the correct amp used by the original guitar player and have the presets in alphabetical order (I bring a laptop to gigs so I can load as needed). Anyway…. For every one preset I now check that’s OK, two are all muffled or darker or whatever. So now I have determine if I want to feel the pain of fixing all the bad presets, or…. just roll back to version 5 and go through all the pain and suffering later….
Yeah, I noticed my Deluxe Reverb preset was noticeably darker after installing B2, so I tweaked it back. Need to go through the rest, I have maybe 30 to 40 song-specific, and maybe 10 kitchen sink types, between 2 bands. No biggie. Well worth it for the upgrades.

But 450+ presets! Ye gods!!:eek:

Curious if there is an amp block reset etc required for this update like when we went from Ares to Cygnus? Or just minor adjustment if required?
The release notes will specify when block resets are needed. You do read the release notes, right?

Sometimes, even though it's not specifically recommended to do a reset, a reset can be the fastest path to getting back to the factory sound in a block. The default settings are really good for the amps I use, and I've only reset one, which was more of an experiment than a need.

One small question. Is there a difference between the FM3-Edit now linked in the Beta 3 thread (this one) than the one that was linked in Beta 2 or Beta 1?

I ask because the Beta 3 had initially stated a new link was going to be added later. Mainly wanting to know if I need to install the version linked in Beta 3 from the other Betas. I realize they have the exact revision number. I have already installed version 1.05.10 from the Beta 2 post. Thanks for any clarification.

Ciao @rglr,
Ecco i preset e le descrizioni discussi in beta2.
Grazie,
Gioacchino

Ora in beta 3
Windows 10

1) Valori standard di compressione
Per i passaggi, vedere di seguito
Preset creato aggiungendo l'ultimo preset di fabbrica del riverbero deluxe
Es. Verbo Deluxe Nessun interruttore

2) ritardo di modifica fm3 quando si hanno 4 o più interruttori di controllo (ora in questa versione più ritardo da nessun interruttore e più interruttori si aggiungono)
Per i passaggi, vedere di seguito
Preset creato aggiungendo l'ultimo preset di fabbrica del riverbero deluxe
Ho impostato un interruttore a pedale per preset 1 per attivare e disattivare Drive
Ora nella versione beta 3, sembra più lento quando nessun interruttore di controllo e quindi aumenta molto per ogni interruttore ctl aggiunto.

Verbo Deluxe Nessun interruttore: ci vogliono circa 2-3 secondi per passare
Switch Deluxe Verb 3 ctl - impiega più di 6 secondi a
Switch Deluxe Verb 4 ctl - impiega più di 10 secondi a

Il primo post nella beta 2:
2) ritardo di modifica fm3 quando si hanno 4 o più interruttori di controllo
Vedere la spiegazione di seguito.

A parte questo, tutto sembra funzionare alla grande. Ho testato i propri layout/viste, il controllo midi tramite airstep, expr per wah e un altro per il volume globale, interruttori standin, utilizzando last per interruttori di controllo, interruttori di controllo, brani/setlist con vista personale e in generale e tutto funziona alla grande.

E che suono! Mi è piaciuto molto il 5.03, ma il 6 è a un livello completamente diverso, mi sembra di rimanere bloccato ad ogni preset che provo. E il bonus di ottenere molte detrazioni dalla CPU è meraviglioso! Molte molte grazie squadra FAS!!

Quando ci si scorre ad esempio dal primo all'ultimo. Riprodurre:
resettare il canale. L'analogico ha quindi 2 ms/100 ms
Passa a Compander; 10 ms
Passa a Dynamicomp 0,36 ms/140 ms
poi tutto il resto anche quando torno all'analogico ha 0,36ms/140ms e non il valore predefinito
Anche il Dynamics Processor sembra non fare nulla. Il guadagno non si muove e non sento alcuna differenza se è acceso o spento
(Il compagno sembra avere 10 ms, il resto mantiene 0,36 ms/140 ms)

2) ritardo di modifica fm3 quando si hanno 4 o più interruttori di controllo
Quando non ci sono interruttori di controllo, l'attivazione e la disattivazione degli effetti tramite l'interruttore a pedale (interno) va veloce.
Quando si aggiungono fino a tre interruttori di controllo, va bene il ritardo. Quando si aggiunge il quarto, ci vogliono circa 10 secondi prima che venga visualizzato in fm3-edit.
hello sorry but how do you get the setlist with a personal view the cursor does not scroll? and one never knows where he is thanks;)

My two cents….. Loaded Beta 6.3 and the new FM3-edit. I have an issue most users may not….. My band does covers of 450+ songs. I have built each song as a separate preset with the correct amp used by the original guitar player and have the presets in alphabetical order (I bring a laptop to gigs so I can load as needed). Anyway…. For every one preset I now check that’s OK, two are all muffled or darker or whatever. So now I have determine if I want to feel the pain of fixing all the bad presets, or…. just roll back to version 5 and go through all the pain and suffering later….
Hate to be the bearer of bad news....but that's going to be a miserable approach owning a piece of Fractal gear. This won't be the last time a firmware update shifts the sounds of amps, some dramatically so.

Guys help. After installing 6.02 FM3, my computer (Mac and PC) stopped seeing it as a device, FmEdit is the same. Tell me how to restore the firmware to 5.03 without access to FMEdit?

There is now a Beta3 update if you haven't seen it:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-firmware-version-6-00-beta-3.188211

Or, to reload FW 5.03 without FM3 Edit running:

Download Fractal Bot Utility from Fractal's website:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/fractal-bot

Download FM3 Firmware 5.03 (if you don't have it already):

https://www.fractalaudio.com/fm3-downloads

Connect FM3 to Computer. Start Fractal Bot, select FM3 from list, browse to 5.03 Firmware location.
Upload Firmware to FM3.

Follow any prompts.

Last edited:
I'm loving this firmware a lot. As I said in the main AFX III thread I'm now able to drop all of my low cuts/tweaks to get the lower frequencies into shape.

Had a rehearsal with this beta last night with the FM3 and had no issues, etc. I haven't rehearsed with this particular band in some time and a couple of the guys said "man, your rig is sounding killer...."

I'm also seeing about 5% -> 7% CPU reduction on my presets which is very cool. Kudos to @rglr for the optimizations and fixes...stellar job man.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news....but that's going to be a miserable approach owning a piece of Fractal gear. This won't be the last time a firmware update shifts the sounds of amps, some dramatically so.
I don’t get this attitude. If this was some other company you would be buying a new piece of gear and having to start from scratch making presets. No one is forcing anyone to update. It’s not as if the FM3 was not as advertised from the start.

I don’t get this attitude. If this was some other company you would be buying a new piece of gear and having to start from scratch making presets. No one is forcing anyone to update. It’s not as if the FM3 was not as advertised from the start.

I mean...if you want to use the unit frozen in time. Have at it, sounded great before. If you want the new features, be prepared to update presets which are impacted by any tonal shifts as a result. If one has and uses 400 custom presets and wants the new firmware, there's going to be some misery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom