Flexiports!!!

2 expression pedals or 3 external buttons on one port!!!

Well...kind of. To use 2 expressions on 1 port you have to buy their additional EXP-Doubler device. Still fairly clever design. Not sure exactly what issue you're trying to address, but there are a couple tiny midi controllers on the market right now which can add 4+ switches and 2 additional EXP ports for < $100 USD.

There's more ways to have more switches on one jack than adding a ring. I'm very curious how they did it.
Trrs is only available in 3.5mm mini jack or at least very hard to find in 1/8" 6.35mm.

My problem is that I like the footprint of the FM3 a lot, the midi IS IN USE by a Yamaha BT midi link to my iPad that changes presets for me. I'd like to use two expression pedals and some external switches. Basically I'm trying to get my head around the obvious limitations of the FM3. Would be awesome if I could have 2 exp and two ext switches. Can't now.

the MD-BT01 is powered from the midi out port, so if the Expression IO merges midi in ports it could work.

I often use a 'low rent' solution, which is a MIDI Y cable. If you're using one device to change presets, it won't interfere with another source device on the same 'wire'. I often double up MIDI inputs that way. MIDI baby or MIDI baby 3 are small solutions that work well also if you need multiple MIDI sources.

Back
Top Bottom