Finally got my guitars re-stringed

Man, I miss working next to Gary's shop. He took such great care of my guitars. And the whole crew was just super nice to chat with.
You let them do the restringing too? Lol. I saw your collection at the background on yt. You’d go broke.

Btw, this is one of those ‘honey, the garage put premium air in my tires at a great discount for only 100 bucks’ posts, right?

When I restring, I start with the third (G) string, just to get it over with. That one is the biggest, stiffest piece of solid steel in the whole set. If a string is going to cut you, it’s that damned G string.

Oh man do I hear you here...the "G" string is formidable indeed. I'm always extra 'attentive' when I install the "G". Years ago I managed to somehow drive the end into my left-hand pointer fingertip about an 1/8"+ (I swear it hit a bone) and it was oddly painful and irritating for months after that.

Bled copious amounts too. All in all, a bad experience and one that I always remembering every time I restring heh....

many years ago, I restrung a guitar, then grabbed it and the uncut g string pierced my right eye….omg it hurt and I now cut all new strings immediately back to the machine head… just thinking about what could have happened to my sight is scary!

Thanks
Pauly

many years ago, I restrung a guitar, then grabbed it and the uncut g string pierced my right eye….omg it hurt and I now cut all new strings immediately back to the machine head… just thinking about what could have happened to my sight is scary!

Thanks
Pauly
Yeah, always cut down the string ends. Then bend the cut end down so it's pointing at the headstock.

I'm glad you're okay.

Cutting/puncturing fingers when changing strings?? That's a new one on me. I did it once, while trying to wipe fingerprints off the headstock when I was done. Now I just skip that step.

Cutting/puncturing fingers when changing strings?? That's a new one on me. I did it once, while trying to wipe fingerprints off the headstock when I was done. Now I just skip that step.

I've told the same to myself many times, but I keep falling into that trap again and again
Over It Ugh GIF
Takashi Miike Horror GIF by Shudder

Back
Top Bottom