Fender FR-12 Eq measurement and charts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A cynical hypothesis:

They initially spec'd and marketed 1000W but chip shortages and/or profit goals meant cutting corners inside and they never changed the marketing spec.

"To our loyal customers, please forgive our oversight. We are doing the best we can in a difficult time of chip shortages. Unfortunately [for you, not for us] it's too late to change the marketing text everywhere on the web to reflect these rather unfortunate, yet nonetheless necessary, changes to the design to ensure meeting our new product release timelines [corporate earnings goals]."

View attachment 128139

The band in red is the recommended "flat setting". All eq centered on 5 and with the cut control off ( CCW on 1)

The band in blue is as close as I could get it to a PXM kind of flat using the stock eq. I used these amp settings:

Treble 6
Middle 6.5
Bass 2.5
Cut 1

View attachment 128140
I just noticed that the knob pattern you have there is pretty close to what I ended up just messing with knobs until it sounded the best.

To get a mic placement well inside the convergance of the speaker, horn, and ports

I plotted the waveguide and cone angles, and went with 12" out from the grille . 4 3/4 down and 6 1/2 in from the right side
That mic placement will yield a response characteristic that is unrelated to the speaker's response as a player would hear it. Design/tuning tweaks based on the data obtained are as likely to degrade as to improve the speaker's behavior.

Thanks! 🫤
Feel free to post your measurements.
My services have not been engaged to take data on this product. Nonetheless, I gave you a bit of pro advice for free. If you're not able to acquire accurate loudspeaker response data, you're wasting your time trying to make adjustments to same.
I designed an entire eq around mine
Correct; you based design decisions on inaccurate data, in violation of one of the underlying tenets of good engineering practice.

43 posts mostly about troubleshooting the CLR .
Lemme get this straight: you really want to fault me for that? Given the woeful lack of actual factory support - one of the main reasons for my choice to disengage from Atomic several years back - most folks would see it as a good thing that someone who actually knows about the design is willing to provide support.

FYI, holding "a patent" (I hold one myself BTW) and having "several audio products" to your credit (likewise) does not qualify you to do loudspeaker testing and measurement. My "several audio products" include quite a few successful loudspeakers.

Ideas can be debated here by anyone. Threads aren't owned by people. As long as people stick to arguing about the idea and don't resort to attacking the people, it's fine. That is literally good, rational, and healthy debate behavior.

Someone disagreeing with you doesn't make them a troll.

Warnings have been handed out. This thread will remain locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom