Fender FR-12 Eq measurement and charts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2023-10-17 at 12.50.22 PM.png

The band in red is the recommended "flat setting". All eq centered on 5 and with the cut control off ( CCW on 1)

The band in blue is as close as I could get it to a PXM kind of flat using the stock eq. I used these amp settings:

Treble 6
Middle 6.5
Bass 2.5
Cut 1

IMG_1042.jpeg

Last edited:
IMG_1050.jpeg
The Hanser Class D amp module. It's rated at 300 watts @ 4 ohms , but the speaker is 8 ohms. So actually150 watts. Which is exactly what the speaker is rated at.

Feed it +4db on the xIr in. And it is crazy loud.
... but still 150 watts.

Curiously that thing says Kustom on the bottom.

Last edited:
The Hansen Class D amp module. It's rated at 300 watts @ 4 ohms , but the speaker is 8 ohms. So actually150 watts. Which is exactly what the speaker is rated at.

I've been wondering what kind of math Fender is doing to claim this is a 1000W amp. I kinda assumed the power module was 1000W and set up to run well below distortion... but no.

The tweeter amp is pumping a couple Watts at best. Which is fine, but it all adds up to ~150W. The back panel also claims a maximum power consumption of 350W.

Last edited:
I've been wondering what kind of math Fender is doing to claim this is a 1000w amp. I kinda assumed the power module was 1000w and ran well below distortion... but not.

The tweeter amp is also pumping a couple W at best. Which is fine, but this adds up to ~350W, which is exactly what the back panel claims too.
I think they need to measure these hot little class D amps in BTUs

Were these tests done in an acoustically treated room, or are we seeing the room response in the graphs? Either way, this is helpful indeed! Great to get a visual idea of exactly what the speaker is doing to the signal passing through.

Were these tests done in an acoustically treated room, or are we seeing the room response in the graphs? Either way, this is helpful indeed! Great to get a visual idea of exactly what the speaker is doing to the signal passing through.
My room is not heavily treated, but the impulse time is set low enough to not catch much room in the sine sweeps .

It's just a quick set of reference plots. I would love to see someone shoot them in a nice room.

These measurements make sense with what I heard, so...yeah. Awesome.

Not really FRFR...I'd cheerfully call it full-range cab-response that works pretty darn well with IRs. The 12dB swing between like 2.5k and not quite 3k is the annoying/frustrating part to me.

Dumb question...what happens to that swing if you flip the polarity of the tweeter?

Dumb question...what happens to that swing if you flip the polarity of the tweeter?
That's a good question! It would be an interesting test.
That notch is common with lot of two way systems at the crossover point. It's usually closer to 5k though.

The notch (if due phase cancellation) might be sensitive to measurement position. Listening 5+ feet away in a room might be a different story.

Last edited:
I've been wondering what kind of math Fender is doing to claim this is a 1000W amp. I kinda assumed the power module was 1000W and set up to run well below distortion... but no.

The tweeter amp is pumping a couple Watts at best. Which is fine, but it all adds up to ~150W. The back panel also claims a maximum power consumption of 350W.
I asked myself the same question with the Headrush 108

View attachment 128159
The Hanser Class D amp module. It's rated at 300 watts @ 4 ohms , but the speaker is 8 ohms. So actually150 watts. Which is exactly what the speaker is rated at.

Feed it +4db on the xIr in. And it is crazy loud.
... but still 150 watts.

Curiously that thing says Kustom on the bottom.
Ok so Fender ran out and put Kustom amp parts for their FR solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom