Epic 70’s songs and bands

Last night we booked our first post-COVID gig (not that we are past all of it just yet) for this Summer.
Regional Harley-Davidson group is having a party and they literally requested all 70's songs, and in their
words, "None of that new shit"----by which I think they meant nothing after 1980. ;)

I am going to be cherry-picking heavily from this thread. Gonna be fun learning some of these, and revisiting
some others. :)
Was that you that posted the story about the biker party gig out in the woods?

Last night we booked our first post-COVID gig (not that we are past all of it just yet) for this Summer.
Regional Harley-Davidson group is having a party and they literally requested all 70's songs, and in their
words, "None of that new shit"----by which I think they meant nothing after 1980. ;)

I am going to be cherry-picking heavily from this thread. Gonna be fun learning some of these, and revisiting
That sounds like a really cool gig. Should be a load of fun. Hopefully things will be better or more normal.

The Guess Who would go over well, I'm guessing.

Was that you that posted the story about the biker party gig out in the woods?

Haha! Indeed it was. :)

Biker parties are always a tad sketchy, a lot of damn fun, or a twilight zone mixture of both.
We reminisced about a couple of others last night. One of them had us booked from 8-12,
and at midnight I went into the "clubhouse" to get paid, and the head dude was all, "Oh,
you guys are not done."

I knew exactly what he meant, and that I could not do a f'ing thing about it. He laughed. Drummer
was pissed and was ready to start a scene, and I told him, "If you make a stink about this in any way
I will knock your ass out myself."

I think we played for another 90 minutes or so. And we left with all of our gear, our girlfriends, and
our lives. :)

Wow-- 15 pages in and it has me realizing that some of the most epic song writing came out of the 70's. In 50 years when someone creates an "Epic 2020's Songs and Bands" thread I can't imagine it will be more than 2 pages long if that.
Greatest decade for music.

Man I used to LOVE Friday night TV. After the sitcoms, I would TRY to stay up to watch the Midnight Special which, as I recall, actually came on at 1 on the east coast. But after a week's worth of getting up early for school, many times I didn't make it. But then I'd try again on Saturday night for Don Kirshner's Rock Concert.

Anybody else remember watching those shows?

Back
Top Bottom