Epic 70’s songs and bands

If there is a Captain and Tenille posting in here I am out. ;)

k I'll just come right out and say it: I am a huge Carpenters fan - phew - feels good to get that out in the open

That's some deep shit there. Wow. Fuzz solo, too!@@!

I couldn't see it when I was a kid, but that anorexia stares me in the face when I see her now. Sad. :(

One thing about the 70s was the radio stations. All the bands and songs that have been posted over 17 pages you were able to hear from one station throughout the day.

I remember hearing Stevie Wonder, REO Speedwagon, Charley Pride, Styx, and more in the course of an hour. Being able to hear a wide variety of music was great.

Now all stations, for the most part; are genre specific.

One thing about the 70s was the radio stations. All the bands and songs that have been posted over 17 pages you were able to hear from one station throughout the day.

I remember hearing Stevie Wonder, REO Speedwagon, Charley Pride, Styx, and more in the course of an hour. Being able to hear a wide variety of music was great.

definitely - in early 70s everything was AM radio - FM radio had not taken off so what you got was hits only. Album rock was kind of underground. At 12 or 13, I remember finding a local university FM station that was playing the first 2 or 3 Queen albums completely, + lots of Led Zep deep tracks etc. It was like Holy Crap what is this! for a kid that had not yet started buying albums for himself.

Wow, that brings back a memory. I had a little tan, battery-powered, transistor radio when I was a kid, and I used to bring it outside with me, and set it right next to the sand pile and listen to WYRE in Annapolis, while playing with my Tonka trucks!

I think we have the best local FM station in the nation here. The owner made a bunch of
money in his youth, purchased the station in middle-age, and turned it into a 70s-era AOR
style station. There can't but be more than an handful of such stations left in the entire USA.

Can stream it at the link below.. for anyone interested. Check out the last 5 songs played for an idea of
what they do all the time. :)

1642294769923.png

https://q100-fm.com/

Love Fleetwood Mac, but like many I OD'd on the 70s Lindsey/Stevie era and it got tired for me - I tried to go back to their early era long after but the bluesy stuff did not speak to me - somehow I missed that whole series of early 70s Mac albums pre-Lindsey/Stevie-post-Peter Green featuring Bob Welch on guitar/vocals and a lot of Christine McVie content - discovered it maybe 5-10 years ago and it's become my favourite Fleetwood Mac to listen to in more recent years.

Was also a big Bob Welch solo artist fan in the 70s but at the time, and for long after, I had no clue about his contribution to FM.

I think we have the best local FM station in the nation here. The owner made a bunch of
money in his youth, purchased the station in middle-age, and turned it into a 70s-era AOR
style station. There can't but be more than an handful of such stations left in the entire USA.

Can stream it at the link below.. for anyone interested. Check out the last 5 songs played for an idea of
what they do all the time. :)

View attachment 94322

cool - I notice they have Dee Snider house of hair - used to listen to that on the way home from the golf course! Some rockers have made great DJs - I've followed a bunch: Alice Cooper, Dee Snider, Randy Backman had a great weekly show up here on CBC radio, Ron Wood ...

cool - I notice they have Dee Snider house of hair - used to listen to that on the way home from the golf course! Some rockers have made great DJs - I've followed a bunch: Alice Cooper, Dee Snider, Randy Backman had a great weekly show up here on CBC radio, Ron Wood ...

They do have some of those syndicated shows like that--especially on weekends.

They have in house DJs who are not bound by programmed playlists, which is what
I dig the most. They also have a weekly Blues show hosted by Larry McCray. It really
is an outlier of a station in a land dominated by media conglomerates who have a
way of making one station sound like another no matter where it is. The good old
McDonaldization of Radio many of us know too well.

We have one of those type stations also, called Jack-FM, WQSR, "Playing what we want." They're all over the place just like what you posted. I was just out running an errand, and I heard, Bad Medicine (the song), Free Falling, & Listen to Your Heart (Roxette)
Stations like that are good to have on at work, since they play something everyone likes.

Back
Top Bottom