Different tone than youtube

Matteodem

I'm just trying to reproduce some tone I hear from Cooper Carter and Leon Todd.
I hear them on the same monitors I use with the FM3.
Even a simple amp+cab set the same is them sounds differently, with a much higher content of high end (in my case).
The guitar is very similar.

Why?
Thanks

EQ is the same as they show.
Any general master eq should affect both the model and YouTube, as I'm hearing the sound of YouTube using the FM3 as sound card

i wonder if you're hearing the sound of your guitar strings. have you tried comparing a recording against the youtube audio? it might be helpful if you could make an mp3 with a bit of the reference and a bit of your playing so we could have a listen to it. we're flying blind at the moment.

Don't underestimate the difference in guitars, strings, pickups, pickup height, technique, etc.

Also, are you running the same firmware version the videos were created with?
no, I don't think so. But generally speaking, I notice that my tones need a strong high cut to match those heard on internet.
Just wanted to see if anyone esle noticed this

My gig partner and I switched guitars during a song one day. I have a 7 string humbucker with an FM3 he has a strat type single coils with a line 6.

My tone is generally bassy with tamed high end, his is generally mid heavy little bass with more highs than me.

We put on each other’s guitar. No gear changed at all. We used our own respective picks.

I still sounded bassier than him, and he sounded more mid/treb than me. Nothing changed except pick, hands and technique. We were surprised.

Last edited:
My gig partner and I switched guitars during a song one day. I have a 7 string humbucker with an FM3 he has a strat type single coils with a line 6.

My tone is generally bassy with tamed high end, his is generally mid heavy little bass with more highs than me.

We put on each other’s guitar. Nothing changed at all. We used our own respective picks.

I still sounded bassier than him, and he sounded more mid/treb than me. Nothing changed except pick, hands and technique. We were surprised.
Wow incredible

i wonder if you're hearing the sound of your guitar strings. have you tried comparing a recording against the youtube audio?
I think this is the most likely culprit. I’ve seen it happen too many times. Often, people don’t realize how loud you have to get before your strings get drowned out by the amplification.

Back
Top Bottom