CPU Utilization - Part II

WITELITE

Experienced
So in following up to my other thread, I started to dissect components of the preset and was wondering if anyone has already posted a thread regarding the various usage of different effects. For example, in the preset that was causing me trouble, I found

- USB consumed about 2-3% of CPU
- Pitch shifter was about 6-7
- Delays were about 5% (1 regular and 1 multi tap)
- Drives (Distortion) were 10% (and I had two different ones)

It would seem to be a good reference (assuming it holds true in other presets as well) to know things like savings from hi-res to lo-res, having x/y amp blocks etc.

HAs this already been done. If not, it seems like drives are the biggest CPU users.

MM

So in following up to my other thread, I started to dissect components of the preset and was wondering if anyone has already posted a thread regarding the various usage of different effects. For example, in the preset that was causing me trouble, I found

- USB consumed about 2-3% of CPU
- Pitch shifter was about 6-7
- Delays were about 5% (1 regular and 1 multi tap)
- Drives (Distortion) were 10% (and I had two different ones)

It would seem to be a good reference (assuming it holds true in other presets as well) to know things like savings from hi-res to lo-res, having x/y amp blocks etc.

HAs this already been done. If not, it seems like drives are the biggest CPU users.

MM

It has been done for the Ultra:

CPU Usage for Ultra 10.03 and Computed by Axe-Edit 0.9.191

Back
Top Bottom