Countdown 0.5...

Ok, I've been thinking it through, I'm now convinced it's a complete overhaul of the AxeFX Software, some kind of ground up rebuild. Everything will change but no new hardware.

Tonight is going to be like Christmas Eve when I was 6 ;)

Another thought here nobody mentioned so far! Is it possible that Fractal will be distributed in every major music store worldwide, not only on their website online? Would be great for after sale service and repair.

Noooooooooooo! And let guitar center and Sam ash smear their logo feces and ruin the reputation of Fractal? I say not! It would be nicer though if it was available to more users though. Just not through those guys.

Whatever the new thing is, hardware or software, i'm sure it will be something that Cliff is vey proud of, and we'll all benefit from his hardwork, even though he's running a business and needs to make a profit he's not the kind of person that sits in his office thinking how he's going to make a quick buck,(unlike most companies we know..) as we all know he's been improving the Axe from day one, and never charged for upgrades, not to mention the best customer service in the business, i'm excited to see what he'll anounce tomorrow.. I'm kind of hoping for a very powerfull ultra on a pedalbord.. but don't think it will happen.

Well perhaps we can say with certainty that it's not a new ultra, but something quite different, since Cliff himself already said that it wasn't being made.

I think standard owners will be left out of not all but most of the new goodness.
The standard going forward will be discontinued.

I think the guy who said Nebula IR is on to something .That was just too direct of a picture ..I think there may be a few companies involved .. something was already mentioned about TC Electronics
the new Sharc chips being used in some capacity makes sense to me maybe in conjunction with the Tigersharc.
A new interface with USB knobs as everyone wanted

I think standard owners will be left out of not all but most of the new goodness.
The standard going forward will be discontinued.
Sounds like you own a standard; am I right?

Doom and gloom everywhere, probably not what Cliff was hoping for when he thought up this little countdown.

Remember guys, this is Fractal Audio, not Jonestown kool-aid we're supposed to be drinking. :)

I think the guy who said Nebula IR is on to something .That was just too direct of a picture ..I think there may be a few companies involved .. something was already mentioned about TC Electronics
the new Sharc chips being used in some capacity makes sense to me maybe in conjunction with the Tigersharc.
A new interface with USB knobs as everyone wanted
Would make sense since one of the original countdowns said something about working with other companies and having more resources....and of course the picture as well.

I'll take my guess as to what it is...

A powered speaker enclosure, possibly baffled, with a rack space to put the AXE-FX into.

I mean, G66 says it is gonna be better than ultra. It has to be something ...

It is funny to see all the speculation. :)

But I agree with shasha, it is just stuff and people shouldn't be worried about sounding bad because they don't have the Axe Fx Ultimate HD50000, but only Axe Fx Ultra. It is just stuff :)

10-1 someone has a heart attack or stroke before the countdown ends!! My money is MBA or Shasha..don't let me down guys!!! :mrgreen

Well first off I'm not going to have a stroke over this...I'm having fun, but I am concerned about the health of the people getting all worked up over this. We don't know what's going on for certain, but regardless of what it is no one is going to be hurt as a result. It's just stuff; you can buy stuff anytime you want (of course you need money to do that).

I have money on you.. ;)

Whatever it is, I'd like to thank Cliff and whoever's behind all this for giving us this rush...excitement, anticipation, etc. and kept it going all these days. We married folks have forgotten how it feels to get that rush...of a first date, that first glance, the possibility of a date with someone you've been wanting to ask out for a long time...you know what I'm talking about. It almost feels that way. And only the AXE-FX team could have got this going. If Line 6 or even a big amp maker like Mesa or Marshall had such a thing going, I doubt so many people would be behind it as this much! So, Cliff, THANK YOU!! :D

i'll say it again.AXE-CAB!loaded with Nebula 2048ir's.

also think of all the other markets it could flood into.Line 6(the cabs are the biggest gripe!)same with Eleven etc. so on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom