Cliff- Hoping You'll Update Us On the MFC 101

mworkman said:
I think a certain population in the way they posted kind of turned things sour and perhaps that's why we don't hear anything anymore. The fact that we used to hear things and now we don't it "feels" like something has been taken away but again for my 2 cents I think things got ruined by how people posted.

I disagree strongly with this.
With very few exceptions all people have posted were polite inquiries for more information.

When Cliff wrote on the old forum on July 13th 2008:
There's been a couple delays but I hope that we can have units ready by September.

All I can say is that IMHO it'll be worth the wait. It looks really cool. The stepped design makes pressing the buttons so much easier.

CC

I, and many with me assumed he meant September 2008. At the moment it is still completely unclear if it is 2010 or some later date.

I can understand that there were delays because of hardware design, firmware development, financing, production, suppliers, patents, changed competition (Liquid Foot?), changed priorities (Axe-Edit, Axe-PC, Axe-Fx updates, Other upcoming new products) and who knows what else and that's fine but this post by Cliff set expectations and when those expectations were not met (no problem in itself, things happen) no information was provided at all to manage these expectations. Many months went by without any news.
A few small comments and pictures of prototypes surfaced but really very little that we did not already know in 2008. and they were few and far between.

I think it is absolutely remarkable how patient this community has been, and still is, as a whole!

I could not wait any longer after a year on the waiting list and I'm happy with my current solution (Gordius Little Giant just upgraded to Version2) but I have only respect for the people that are still patiently on the waiting list. It's only natural that every now and then someone asks some questions on the status of the project if so little info surfaces for many months in a row. Don't blame them for being interested in the upcoming products they've been waiting for for a long long time but give them something to hol don to every now and then.

S.R.

srooijens said:
mworkman said:
I think a certain population in the way they posted kind of turned things sour and perhaps that's why we don't hear anything anymore. The fact that we used to hear things and now we don't it "feels" like something has been taken away but again for my 2 cents I think things got ruined by how people posted.

I disagree strongly with this.
With very few exceptions all people have posted were polite inquiries for more information.

When Cliff wrote on the old forum on July 13th 2008:
There's been a couple delays but I hope that we can have units ready by September.

All I can say is that IMHO it'll be worth the wait. It looks really cool. The stepped design makes pressing the buttons so much easier.

CC

I, and many with me assumed he meant September 2008. At the moment it is still completely unclear if it is 2010 or some later date.

I can understand that there were delays because of hardware design, firmware development, financing, production, suppliers, patents, changed competition (Liquid Foot?), changed priorities (Axe-Edit, Axe-PC, Axe-Fx updates, Other upcoming new products) and who knows what else and that's fine but this post by Cliff set expectations and when those expectations were not met (no problem in itself, things happen) no information was provided at all to manage these expectations. Many months went by without any news.
A few small comments and pictures of prototypes surfaced but really very little that we did not already know in 2008. and they were few and far between.

I think it is absolutely remarkable how patient this community has been, and still is, as a whole!

I could not wait any longer after a year on the waiting list and I'm happy with my current solution (Gordius Little Giant just upgraded to Version2) but I have only respect for the people that are still patiently on the waiting list. It's only natural that every now and then someone asks some questions on the status of the project if so little info surfaces for many months in a row. Don't blame them for being interested in the upcoming products they've been waiting for for a long long time but give them something to hol don to every now and then.

S.R.

My "certain population" and your "very few exceptions" are one in the same. I was just speculating that the "very few exceptions" may have ruined it for the rest of the people in terms of receiving more frequent/detailed updates as to status.

I don't remember the exact expression but something like it only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch. Maybe that applies here.

mworkman said:
My "certain population" and your "very few exceptions" are one in the same. I was just speculating that the "very few exceptions" may have ruined it for the rest of the people in terms of receiving more frequent/detailed updates as to status.

I don't remember the exact expression but something like it only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch. Maybe that applies here.

I certainly hope Cliff doesn't let one or two forum posts (or even lots of them) change the way he runs his business. Doesn't matter what you do, you can never please everyone, he has to go his own course. Use whatever forum input he finds usable and ignore the rest.
IMO of course.

S.R.

I don't see where Cliff should be upset by what ANYONE has said on these MFC-101 threads. None of it has been that bad. And, the people who have felt anxious, disappointed, frustrated, upset, etc - with the time frame have only felt that way because they love their AXE FX and know how cool this controller is going to be. The fact that people want it so badly and have expressed disappointment or frustration in how long it's taking speaks to the fact that it's a product that his customers would want.

When Cliff should be nervous is if the day comes that people are indifferent, don't talk about it, and don't act like they still want one. And, actually - in my opinion, that's the only downside for Fractal in how long it's taking... Many people who were once on a waiting list might be satisfied with their "Little Giants", "Liquid Foots", etc - and not want an MFC once it's available. And, if enough of those people sing the praises of those competing products, other sales could be lost, as well. But, if people are still upset that the Fractal isn't out, yet, it means that there would still be a demand for them.

browlett said:
I don't see where Cliff should be upset by what ANYONE has said on these MFC-101 threads.

I'd agree with that but left open the possibility that I might have missed something or maybe there would have been a truly nasty post that was removed by a moderator before I had seen it.

browlett said:
None of it has been that bad. And, the people who have felt anxious, disappointed, frustrated, upset, etc - with the time frame have only felt that way because they love their AXE FX and know how cool this controller is going to be. The fact that people want it so badly and have expressed disappointment or frustration in how long it's taking speaks to the fact that it's a product that his customers would want.

When Cliff should be nervous is if the day comes that people are indifferent, don't talk about it, and don't act like they still want one. And, actually - in my opinion, that's the only downside for Fractal in how long it's taking... Many people who were once on a waiting list might be satisfied with their "Little Giants", "Liquid Foots", etc - and not want an MFC once it's available. And, if enough of those people sing the praises of those competing products, other sales could be lost, as well. But, if people are still upset that the Fractal isn't out, yet, it means that there would still be a demand for them.

+1
I'm an example of someone who was on the waiting list but is now a lot less interested in the MFC101. When it arrives I may or may not still want it if it provides some great functionality with the Axe-Fx none of the others have but I'm currently very satisfied with a more than capable MIDI controller. I'm not waiting/wanting for it anymore at the moment. If the MFC101 had arrived within about a year of the announcement I would have bought it without hesitation.

S.R.

srooijens said:
browlett said:
I don't see where Cliff should be upset by what ANYONE has said on these MFC-101 threads.

I'd agree with that but left open the possibility that I might have missed something or maybe there would have been a truly nasty post that was removed by a moderator before I had seen it.

browlett said:
None of it has been that bad. And, the people who have felt anxious, disappointed, frustrated, upset, etc - with the time frame have only felt that way because they love their AXE FX and know how cool this controller is going to be. The fact that people want it so badly and have expressed disappointment or frustration in how long it's taking speaks to the fact that it's a product that his customers would want.

+1
I'm an example of someone who was on the waiting list but is now a lot less interested in the MFC101. When it arrives I may or may not still want it if it provides some great functionality with the Axe-Fx none of the others have but I'm currently very satisfied with a more than capable MIDI controller. I'm not waiting/wanting for it anymore at the moment. If the MFC101 had arrived within about a year of the announcement I would have bought it without hesitation.

S.R.

I am kind of in the same boat as you. I never got on the waiting list. I figured I'd snag one whenever. But in the mean time I actually took the time to fully setup my FX-1 and expander and I am pretty happy. There are some features of the LiquidFoot I'd like to have but I don't think I want a LiquidFoot. It is very deep in terms of options and I don't think I'd use the majority of them. I'd like the tuner displayed on the FX-1 but that isn't a deal breaker.

there has been products develop since it was announced we were getting the mfc, things have changed, fractal needs to take time to make sure a product is solid and offers something "new" and great before they throw it out there with the fishes, also they have to make it competitive price wise. Fractals whole marketing strategy thus far has been to release products that compete because they are revolutionary and ahead of the competition but also fairly priced. If they throw out a mediocre product that has been so heavily anticipated they'll be torn apart. Sure some will buy just because its from fractal but others would be frustrated that they waited so long for a product that wasn't any better than what was already available. I'm guessing/speculating that they are trying to iron out a real "wow factor" like complete integration with the new editor or seamless integration with the axe, or i don't know something that gives it an edge. Also they have some tuff competition with this product unlike with amp modeling which lets be honest they can't see anyone behind them. As soon as this products is released im sure we'll hear all about, my liquid foot does this, and why can't it do ___ that my gordius does, and obviously the general audience of axe users already expects the moon and the stars from this company so they should really put some real time into making this product every bit as good as people are expecting (which may be impossible) because if they release anything less than that it could hurt them in a real big way.

P.S. don't you think fractal wants to get this controller out every single bit as much as we want them to release it, they're not trying to spite anyone by holding it longer than expected they'll release it when its ready, they're a great company that makes great products and they certainly know what they're doing

Finnster said:
Cliff........I'm almost ready to give up and go back to an amp and pedals........

Help us....Please :roll:

You would be just as well served using a Liquid Foot or a Gordius and you could buy them today.

Back
Top Bottom