Chef's Justice For All

Swedish Chef

Power User
Done with MK2C+ Bright and TM saved as a cab. 2 cabs are used, panned with some room emulation. The clip is double tracked. So there are 4 cabs on the recording...

I lost the preset when I was about to save it... I have the TM block saved as a cab so I will make it over again and post the patch if people are really interested...

Wow that canada dude , How can i transform those IR into cab for my AFX2?? :)
He definitely has all the tones nailed. I downloaded all his IRs and they work in windows IR vst plugins no problem but I don't have an Axe-Fx II yet...

I converted them to 48khz and then ran axe-o-matic on them. Here they are, can anyone try them and see if they work? If none of these work then PM me and I'll delete the posts.

BGelais Metallica Gold Impulse Response IR Pack Download Page

Attachments

• battery_IR.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 84
  • battery_stereo_IR.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 81
  • Blackened_IR.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 119
  • death_magnetic_IR.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 83
  • disposable_hero_IR.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 80
  • disposable_stereo_IR.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 70
  • Dyers Eve_IR.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 81
  • frantic_left_IR.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
8 more..

Attachments

• frantic_right_IR.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 66
  • harvester_IR.syx
  • killem_IR.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 72
  • king_nothing_IR.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 62
  • one_IR.syx
  • puppet_IR.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 73
  • puppet_stereo_IR.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 75
  • ride_IR.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 68
the last 5...

Attachments

• sad_but_true_IR.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 75
  • sad_but_true_stereo_IR.syx
  • sandman_IR.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 82
  • sandman_stereo_IR.syx
  • shorteststraw_IR.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 79
what guitar and pups? Something thin?

This is the guitar:

Tyler.jpg

Custom James Tyler pickups... It is not thin at all, it can sound anyway you want. Plus, the tone is more AFX2 than the guitar.

Thanks for listening...

That guy is hilarious. What language is he speaking at times? His tones are *better* than the albums.

@Swedish Chef: also better than the album.

More closer to the recording, I think. Good job!

What method did you use this time to tone match?

I used a better quality, higher bit-rate recording as source and also sampled longer notes. I increased the time sampled a bit and increased the smoothing. I also played the riff not for note. I also came a lot closer placing a compressor at the end of the chain. It really made the pick attack noise stand out...

Last edited:
@Swedish Chef: also better than the album.

Well, I'm just having some fun here. I was the biggest Metallica fan like 15 years ago. Those albums were then like the holy grail of tone for me. Being able to match the tones is very rewarding... Sort of like proof that I can do what ever I want with this box. It's not about making Metallica covers, but rather se what the AFX2 is capable of doing and also learning how to use the parameters...

would love for you to save these tm with cabs/irs included as one, not separate; too many floating irs, any chance? its easy to save as one... thanks in advance, of course bcbc (beggars and choosers)

would love for you to save these tm with cabs/irs included as one, not separate; too many floating irs, any chance? its easy to save as one... thanks in advance, of course bcbc (beggars and choosers)

How do I save the TM-block with the patch? When I save it and recall it I need to manually match the TM block again. The only way I've found to get the sound saved properly is to save it as a Cab and run that instead of the TM block.

If you do know a way around this it would be helpful.

I also use the cab's room emulation and air settings sometimes...

Back
Top Bottom