Cab-Lab 4 Release šŸ”ˆšŸ§Ŗ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excited Rocket Man GIF

I have a question with the routing of Cab-Lab when ā€œSW Live Modeā€ is selected in the Audition section.

The "SW Live Mode Setup Wizard" explains the following:

Captura de pantalla 2023-10-11 a les 2.37.50.png

Let's say that my preset is INPUT - AMP - CAB - DELAY - OUTPUT.

I bypass the CAB block, and I open CABLAB in SW Live Mode.

The routing of my preset will change to INPUT - AMP - CABLAB4 - DELAY - OUTPUT ?

Or it will be INPUT - AMP - DELAY - CABLAB4 - OUTPUT ?

Yes... But I don't recall if the FM3 supports UltraRes IRs or not.

It does. It can run 1 and still have a good preset. Itā€™s capable of running 2 if you donā€™t use many effects. Looking forward to trying the CabLab. Smart move making it free. More incentive for people to move to Fractal and buy cab packs. This thing just gets better all the time.

When starting CabLab4 it mentions to check out the getting started PDF or video. Is there also video hiding about? I may be cross-eyed this evening and just missing it in front of my face. Thanks!

I've PM'd Admin M to purchase the beta dynacab packs - question while I await reply: I assume the beta Dynacab packs are the same cabs that are currently in the standard Axfx Dynacab list (loaded as part of DC FW release), but with the ability to mix various mics / mic positions and/or mix captures from multiple purchased dynacab packs, then deploy to a single Dynacab slot on Axfx - I that correct?
Maybe partially. The Cab Packs have more mic choices than hardware, however.

Can we copy DynaCabs from cab packs onto our devices (Axe 3 specifically), as is, with all mics they come with, and adjust them on the hardware, again including all mics they have?

Do we do that with FractalBot, like moving regular old-style IRs?

My guess is yes to both, just checking.

Can we copy DynaCabs from cab packs onto our devices (Axe 3 specifically), as is, with all mics they come with, and adjust them on the hardware, again including all mics they have?

Do we do that with FractalBot, like moving regular old-style IRs?

My guess is yes to both, just checking.
No. You adjust things in Cab-Lab and then send the resulting IR to the hardware from Cab-Lab (or save the IR to your computer and use your favorite method to install into the hardware).

The DynaCab packs are not for hardware, only for Cab-Lab.

I have the same issue with my Mac Pro the DMG file will not open. "No Mountable file system." @Admin M@ any suggestions on how to proceed? Thank you!

1696996122042.png

Last edited:
Do these new dynacab packs have impedance curves as well like the built-in dynacabs? Does Cablab 4 also upload those curves to the axe-fx III ?
That would be cool and I had wondered about SICs in the Cab Packs... But I'm not sure how exactly that would work when mixing (for example) a DynaCab and a standard IR.

Plus, what you're creating is a standard IR, so most likely not possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom