Blue (Mo-Fi) Headphones

One Amazon review says...

Beautifully made. Sound amazing. Wow, are they heavy. There is no way I could spent several hours a day with these on my head. Years under 8 ounce MDR-V6s and these feel twice as heavy. (Oh, wait, they are actually more than twice as heavy). Great first effort, but $350 had better buy me headphones I love to wear.

One Amazon review says...

Beautifully made. Sound amazing. Wow, are they heavy. There is no way I could spent several hours a day with these on my head. Years under 8 ounce MDR-V6s and these feel twice as heavy. (Oh, wait, they are actually more than twice as heavy). Great first effort, but $350 had better buy me headphones I love to wear.

:roll

Nice eye roll. Are you a fanboy before even owning or using them?

Another review from Amazon....

Clearly not comfortable after 5 minutes. clunky. Sound localization issues. Mushy. Just not what I'd hoped for. We shot them out against 5 other top headphones. These landed in 4th place just in front of the Beats Pro. Returning now.

I wonder if these cans are better than my Sennheiser HD600 which I find really, really good.

Well, keep in mind you'd be comparing an amp+headphones Vs. just headphones randomly coupled with amps.
Chances are the internal amp is optimized in terms of coupling (see here). Also, all the issues related to power transfer and impedance have hopefully been taken care of at design level.
It's like buying a pair of headphones along with a dedicated headphone amp, generally speaking (and other things being equal) these should sound better and louder than passive ones when coupled with low-impedance, low voltage outputs (like in a modeller).

Last edited:
Well, keep in mind you'd be comparing an amp+headphones Vs. just headphones randomly coupled with amps.
Chances are the internal amp is optimized in terms of coupling (see here). Also, all the issues related to power transfer and impedance have hopefully been taken care of at design level.
It's like buying a pair of headphones along with a dedicated headphone amp, generally speaking (and other things being equal) these should sound better and louder than passive ones when coupled with low-impedance, low voltage outputs (like in a modeller).

All that is moot if they are heavy and uncomfortable.

Nice eye roll. Are you a fanboy before even owning or using them?

Another review from Amazon....

Clearly not comfortable after 5 minutes. clunky. Sound localization issues. Mushy. Just not what I'd hoped for. We shot them out against 5 other top headphones. These landed in 4th place just in front of the Beats Pro. Returning now.

I had a chance to try them the other day. Unless you have a twig neck, these aren't going to give you problems. These reviews read like trolls.

All that is moot if they are heavy and uncomfortable.

Was not responding to you.

Anyway, feeling comfortable is highly subjective.
Just think there are some crazy guitar players who go around with heavy amps and a couple of 4x12", and they are their own roadies....

...some others use 5-kilos guitars...

... and all of the above just for the way it makes them feel :D

I checked a couple of pro audio reviews of the Mo-Fi, before the Mo-Fi was mentioned on this forum.

Most of the ones I read are favorable, regarding comfort, audio quality and design. The addition of a built-in headphone amp is very smart IMHO, when using them with the Axe-Fx, it's a clear USP.

Wonder if the Mo-Fi is as comfortable as my DT 880s.

Was not responding to you.

Anyway, feeling comfortable is highly subjective.
Just think there are some crazy guitar players who go around with heavy amps and a couple of 4x12", and they are their own roadies....

...some others use 5-kilos guitars...

... and all of the above just for the way it makes them feel :D

LOL!!! Thanks ok. I WAS responding to YOU! :D

They are a bit heavy but I don't find them uncomfortable at all. In fact I'd say there more comfortable than my other phones (DT770 and Sony MDR 7506) and they sound way better IMO.

They are a bit heavy but I don't find them uncomfortable at all. In fact I'd say there more comfortable than my other phones (DT770 and Sony MDR 7506) and they sound way better IMO.

Interesting. I have the MDR 7506 which I find extremely light and comfortable. To say they are more comfortable then them is a comparison I can understand. Moot point though, since I dont use headphones much ;)

I own the 7506 too. The DT 880 are much much more comfortable than the 7506.
Improvement is always possible. :)

I'm going to weigh in here too that I am loving these.
Personally, I can't resist the active setting. It's reliable and fun.

I've shared them with some high profile clients who are also digging them.

In what ways do you feel they sound better than the DT770s? I am using the 770 Pros right now and like what I am hearing. But, if there is a significantly better option I'd love to know.

Super excited. I have a set of the Mo-Fi's coming as well as a pair of JBL LSR-305 monitors. Should be a nice at home substitute until I get a power amp to run through my cab.

'nother DT770 Pro here. Did quite a bit of testing to come to the 770 which was a very clear winner in the price bracket for me. 880 was even better, but not worth the difference and hurdles I'd have to take to move to that bracket. To have a noticable improvement from them is indeed very interesting.

Then again, these are about twice the price of the 770? I think I'm good for my purposes.

Back
Top Bottom