Blue (Mo-Fi) Headphones

Been looking into these. Promising (in active mode).

Wow that's odd! I was interested in them but the reviews were pretty bad. Wish I could find somewhere to hear them.

Sorry for slight off topic. I just googled Event 20/20 and they seem pretty affordable monitors. I thought it will be something in 2k price range. You use them as your main FRFR setup to dial patches?

Sorry for slight off topic. I just googled Event 20/20 and they seem pretty affordable monitors. I thought it will be something in 2k price range. You use them as your main FRFR setup to dial patches?

I have the original passive version. They were expensive back then. Are there better monitors? Most definitely but I'm familiar with these and I know how things should sound through them. I've listened to thousands and thousands of hours of music on them so I'm trained to how they sound.

Looks interesting. My wife bought me a set of Beats something or other for $300 because they are noise cancelling. They eat up batteries and while they aren't horrible they sure as hell aren't great. My 12 year old passive Sennheisers blow them away, but I won't take them out of the house.

Blue sent me a set of these to check out. Ridiculously good sounding. Sound better than my reference monitors.

I'll have to check them out. I'm a little skeptical though. I'm not sure I could handle the weight since they are about twice as heavy as what I'm used to. I assume that's due to the amp and battery. I just started trial-ing the DJ8's which are in the same price range but marketed differently. They share similar ergonomics: the cup to band angle is exaggerated which makes them way more comfortable. Sound wise the DJ8's are bass heavy but still fairly accurate. But I'll have to check out the Mo-Fi's to see how they compare. There aren't that many good closed back headphones out there and that's all I use.

Blue sent me a set of these to check out. Ridiculously good sounding. Sound better than my reference monitors.

Mo-Fi, Powered Hi-Fi Headphones with Built-in Amp

Hmmmm. . .so if you lived in an apartment with cinderblock walls and horrible nodes, you would feel comfortable using these to dial in patches? Please say yes. . .lol.

Actually I just ordered on amazon even though out of stock. If I dig them I may just get 2-3 more and forget trying to "treat" a horrible room in an apt I don't own while adding JBL room correcting monitors. Not ideal but better than what I have now for sure.

Beats are the monster cable of headphones.
I know. I wouldn't have bought them, but they were a gift and to be honest the noise cancelling at work does their job very well. We've got a couple of people who like to whistle and it drives me up the wall. Seriously, I have a mental disorder because there is no reason that whistling should make someone so angry. :)

With some EQ'ing they aren't bad and they are actually really comfortable. They eat batteries pretty quickly and I look like a tool with them on, but I look like a tool with them off so it doesn't really impact my image in the eyes of my co-workers. :)

The one thing that surprised me is that they aren't bass heavy at all. I guess that some of the other models may be, but these are the executives which seem to be dialed back or something. They aren't flat, but I've heard a lot worse.

What I do love about them is how solid they are. I throw them in their case and in my laptop bag and don't worry about them at all. They feel like they are aluminum or something; really robust construction. These mo-fi's look like they'd be great for home, but for travel they don't fold down very well.

Chat with MusiciansFriend.com to get a 15% off coupon. Looks like they will be in stock around the end of the month.

This would be an excellent solution for my current situation. It's a noisy, creaky house, with no real sound dampening or privacy, with cheapo drywall (and my studio room is right underneath our bedroom...!).

May even sell my nice DAC/amp and DT880s (600 ohm) if these are really that good.

I know. I wouldn't have bought them, but they were a gift and to be honest the noise cancelling at work does their job very well. We've got a couple of people who like to whistle and it drives me up the wall. Seriously, I have a mental disorder because there is no reason that whistling should make someone so angry. :)

With some EQ'ing they aren't bad and they are actually really comfortable. They eat batteries pretty quickly and I look like a tool with them on, but I look like a tool with them off so it doesn't really impact my image in the eyes of my co-workers. :)

The one thing that surprised me is that they aren't bass heavy at all. I guess that some of the other models may be, but these are the executives which seem to be dialed back or something. They aren't flat, but I've heard a lot worse.

What I do love about them is how solid they are. I throw them in their case and in my laptop bag and don't worry about them at all. They feel like they are aluminum or something; really robust construction. These mo-fi's look like they'd be great for home, but for travel they don't fold down very well.

They're good for what they are, if overpriced and overhyped. I just associate them with the annoying hipsters on the train to and from work. I'm totally getting these Mo-fi cans, and I am STOKED.

attachment.php

Back
Top Bottom