Best add-ons for your FM9?

Not necessarily an add on per se, but I’m still waiting for someone to create some cool sort of water/liquid proof cover for the fm9. So in case a drunk person spills some beer on your unit, you’re safe.
Heavy duty 0.75mm plastic cover:
Just received my FM9, so it's still got the protectors over the displays. After many years of FX2 safe in the rack and a bullet-proof MFC 101, the idea of a pint of beer all over it didn't appeal. I thought about buying an acrylic display cover, but didn't think it would give much general protection (might still do that though).
So... I don't know if you can easily see it in this pic, but I've given it a plastic cover which overhangs the front and back so liquids run off, and allows the switches and knobs to protrude for use. The fan, power supply and heat vents are on the side and underneath, so covering the top with plastic isn't affecting function. And you can still use the buttons through the plastic - if you'd even need to at a gig...
I was going to tuck the sides of the sheet in under the plastic side pieces, then decided that didn't matter. You can see the edge of the plastic running along the top of the pic on the plastic side piece. I've also got acrylic adhesive tape - but with as the holes holding it securely in place, there's no need.
I feared it might be too reflective or make it harder to see the displays. But as you can see, it doesn't. Low tech, no cost, way to go
😉
20221124_191622.jpg

I hope to be picking up an FM9 very soon. Today, in fact! So what are some of the most useful add-ons that everyone seems to like the most?
I used the Voes mc5-Jr midi controller with my AX8 and now use it with my FM9. I primarily use it to switch all 8 scenes plus more depending on the preset. It has 5 switches. Each switch has tap plus press and hold. So all scenes are always available leaving the fm9 switches free to use for other purposes. It has a small footprint that sits in front of the fm9 effectively giving you another row of 5 switches.

Back
Top Bottom