Axe-Fx III Recto Models Tips & Tricks

Sounds awesome! Now it would be great if you would do a video about a George Lynch early era guitar tone. You know, that Super Plexi juicy tone with chewy mids. Mark Day has tones of great Lynchesque Patches, but I would like to ear your take on that type of sound. Keep them coming and thanks for all those very handy video tips!

I love George, especially Under Lock and Key/Back for the Attack era.

I did this a while back which I might revisit; the Atomica is the perfect amp for nearly all those juicy 80's tones. Needs more reverb and delay though :D

Atomica good for 80s tone you say..(see my name?).....thats where I'm going tonight this isn't the first time I've seen you go for that amp ;) ;) ....

I'm a big fan of the live album. I think Beast from the East, could be wrong.

Atomica you say...thats where I'm go in tonight this isn't the first time I've seen you go for that amp ;) ;)

I'm a big fan of the live album I think Beast from the East.
George’s tone is huge on that album! A lot of oberdubs obviously, but the result is massive! Including his clean tone with that bell like huge chorus with tones of lush reverb! He was still playing heavily modded Marshalls at this point. I think the Soldano era began with Wicked Sensation!

George’s tone is huge on that album! A lot of oberdubs obviously, but the result is massive! Including his clean tone with that bell like huge chorus with tones of lush reverb! He was still playing heavily modded Marshalls at this point. I think the Soldano era began with Wicked Sensation!

There are a Lot of amps on back
Peavey classic , Pittman Marshall’s
Mesas GT trio the linear notes list
A bunch

If you like high gain, the Atomica is an absolute must; it can do everything from 70's EVH through to chunky modern stuff. @York Audio got me onto that model and it absolutely sings with his IR's. Hard to split it and the new Friedman's for my favourite Marshall style tone in the Axe.

If you like high gain, the Atomica is an absolute must; it can do everything from 70's EVH through to chunky modern stuff. @York Audio got me onto that model and it absolutely sings with his IR's. Hard to split it and the new Friedman's for my favourite Marshall style tone in the Axe.
Where do you usually set your Master volume on the Atomica? And saturation switch on or off? Thanks again for your tips!

Recto 2 Orange Modern has been my #1 since getting my AF3. Here's some other tips:
– try the cut switch or low cut in the Input EQ page to tame low end as alternatives to using a drive block or input boost
– Rectos sound great with more than just Tubescreamers in front. A FET Boost is my favorite (I set tone to 5.5, mids +1, germanium clip). You can also use the low cut knob in the drive block to tighten things up.
– Output EQ is very powerful for tone shaping. I typically cut 250 and 500 Hz and bump up 2 and 4 kHz a smidge. The Mark series 5 band works too.
– the Definition parameter on the Input EQ page is another place where you can tighten things up and helps a lot with low tunings

Sounds awesome! Now it would be great if you would do a video about a George Lynch early era guitar tone. You know, that Super Plexi juicy tone with chewy mids. Mark Day has tones of great Lynchesque Patches, but I would like to ear your take on that type of sound. Keep them coming and thanks for all those very handy video tips!

Didn't want to derail this thread so here's the link to the Lynch preset if you're interested https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/preset-inspired-by-george-lynch.142245/

Back
Top Bottom