Preset Inspired by George Lynch

Axe-Master
The video goes through most of the ins and outs but the basic idea is an Under Lock and Key era style tone. I've included the IR's here too.

Attachments

• U1-0007_TV GB 57 C TR.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 1,042
  • U1-0008_TV TR 121 N.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 964
  • LT Lynch.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 969
The video goes through most of the ins and outs but the basic idea is an Under Lock and Key era style tone. I've included the IR's here too.

Thanks @2112 Leon! Furious George is one of my favorite 80's guitarists along with Warren DeMartini. Have you ever thought about a Ratt inspired preset? Or would that be similar to George?

Wow! Best day ever.... waiting for my new AXE III to arrive via UPS in the next 2-3 hours and all I wanted to do was dial up a nice Lynch tone with my new Charvel Custom I just purchased from the Music Zoo.... and what do you know... Leon posts this incredible sounding present today! I'm not making this up either.... literally was just reading about George's new band "The End" and decided to check the forum for new updates and there it was....Talk about the Fractal Gods definitely being at play today!

another great preset to base my noodling and experimentation on..Love the new IR player, makes adding a Load box Amp into the rig ever easier.......Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 2.50.58 PM.png

I don't think I've posted here in years, but I wanted to say thanks for this. I've been creating Lynch patches since the days of the original Axe Fx Standard, and I've read that Micheal Wagner post a zillion times, but this seems to capture something I've never quite nailed. Thanks!

Thanks Leon
You are always fun to listen to and the break down is quite helpful.

I did feel like I noticed a slight volume drop on the lead scene.
Wonder of the pitch needs to come up a db or 2...I've found that to be the culprit sometimes.
Regardless, love the sounds and will be excited to try the preset.

Just loaded up this patch. This preset just kills! Best 80's metal style sound I've ever had under my fingers.

Hi Mike - I'm new to this stuff, but I managed to download the preset and the user cabs from the links in the original post.

I then used Axe Edit to import the preset into a blank preset (424 for me) from my downloads folder and save it. I then selected the cab from grid view in Axe Edit and clicked on the 'picker' option in the cabs section for Cab 1 (which is set to User). That should open a list of user Cabs.

You will need to import the new user cabs (that you will have downloaded from the link above) by clicking the 'manage' button at the bottom right. Once the manage window opens click user slot 7 and right click and select import. Browse to your downloads folder or wherever you saved the files from the link above and select the file 'U1-0007_TV GB 57 C TR.syx' and save it. Follow the same process for User slot 8 with the other cab file. The only other change I had to make was to change the Output block from 'Output 4' to 'Output 1' and it worked and sounded great for me (thanks Leon).

As I say I'm new to this but I managed to fumble my way through as described above, so the hopefully the description helps you.

If not I'm sure a more experienced user than me will be able to help. In fact there is probably a video somewhere on how to do it properly that someone could provide a link to (hopefully).

Good luck and fingers crossed it helps.

Cheers.

Hi Mike - I'm new to this stuff, but I managed to download the preset and the user cabs from the links in the original post.

I then used Axe Edit to import the preset into a blank preset (424 for me) from my downloads folder and save it. I then selected the cab from grid view in Axe Edit and clicked on the 'picker' option in the cabs section for Cab 1 (which is set to User). That should open a list of user Cabs.

You will need to import the new user cabs (that you will have downloaded from the link above) by clicking the 'manage' button at the bottom right. Once the manage window opens click user slot 7 and right click and select import. Browse to your downloads folder or wherever you saved the files from the link above and select the file 'U1-0007_TV GB 57 C TR.syx' and save it. Follow the same process for User slot 8 with the other cab file. The only other change I had to make was to change the Output block from 'Output 4' to 'Output 1' and it worked and sounded great for me (thanks Leon).

As I say I'm new to this but I managed to fumble my way through as described above, so the hopefully the description helps you.

If not I'm sure a more experienced user than me will be able to help. In fact there is probably a video somewhere on how to do it properly that someone could provide a link to (hopefully).

Good luck and fingers crossed it helps.

Cheers.

You will have to load cabs
But you should be able to drag and drop presets right into the Axe edit
Preset window
Easy

Back
Top Bottom