Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Public Beta (Cygnus X-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the new firmware, don't get me wrong. But I think everyone has to agree that factory and user presets using the GEQ sound somewhat off after doing a hard reset, which makes total sense.

I also understand that re-doing/tweaking the factory presets after every releases is a monumental task. However, with Cygnus X-3, I think an overhaul of the factory preset would be welcomed and warranted. This is a major release, not just a patch/point release. The factory presets are noticeably outdated (from FW 19, pre dyna-cab, pre x-3, pre a lot of things).

In Reset blocks Amp in Manage presets

This will reset ALL channels of the AMP block in the selected preset(s), while maintaining the settings on the Authentic page of the AMP block, and automatically saves the preset(s) too.

nope. a hard reset requires a save as well.

View attachment 137634
You didn't read what I replied to...Yeah I read that previously but I still don't see the difference between "soft reset" and "amp reset within Manage Presets."
My statement was based on the manage preset, so my statement was correct. Easy to misread.

See Notalemmings post below for the full info. PS great handle!

Last edited:
You didn't read what I replied to...Yeah I read that previously but I still don't see the difference between "soft reset" and "amp reset within Manage Presets."
My statement was based on the manage preset, so my statement was correct. Easy to misread.
my apologies, I misunderstood the context.

Does this thread need to be cleaned up and and have it's own reset thread or just referred to Yek's updated wiki reset topic notes?

With a soft reset, you need to save the preset, with the other it automatically saves it.

Reset in the editor’s Manage Preset tool

This method is available in the current version of the editors.

In Manage Presets, select one or more presets and use the context menu (right-click) to select Reset AMP blocks.

This will reset ALL channels of the AMP block in the selected preset(s), while maintaining the settings on the Authentic page of the AMP block, and automatically saves the preset(s) too.

So why this additional option, if a soft reset (see above) kind of accomplishes the same thing? Well, this method makes batch processing possible by resetting all channels of all AMP blocks in multiple presets through a single command.

However, be aware that this method also will reset these AMP block controls:

• Graphic EQ
  • Speaker Impedance Curve

"while maintaining the settings on the Authentic page of the AMP block" is the big difference IF you have the global amp control setting to authentic on the hardware. Also, resetting all channels at once rather than one at a time with the soft reset,

Ok, now I’m officially CONFUSED.

Honestly, with all of the pro/cons of soft/hard reset it’s getting difficult to decide what is best for me.

I’m not installing the FW at the moment, because I’m not yet prepared for dialing again my presets, but I’m trying hard to understand what to do when I will.

I hope there will be some kind of “official” walkthrough for people like me who will want to install the new version and are not so Pro to understand easily what to do.

In my experience when you load an amp block it loads the same TYPE you had loaded before, but all parameters at at defaults. I did not do an in-depth test for this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom