Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Public Beta (Cygnus X-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I meant reset.

The answer is the same as before: you won't get the updated settings.

This is all pretty simple and I feel you may be overthinking it.

ANY preset created before this firmware needs that Amp block reset IF you want the benefit of the changes. If not, they will still work fine...
Keep in mind that this is still a public beta, the final release may be different.
Personally I wouldn't put a ton of effort into updating lots of presets until the final thing is out.

Yes, I meant reset.

The answer is the same as before: you won't get the updated settings.

This is all pretty simple and I feel you may be overthinking it.

ANY preset created before this firmware needs that Amp block reset IF you want the benefit of the changes. If not, they will still work fine...
Thanks. now I undrestand

Keep in mind that this is still a public beta, the final release may be different.
Personally I wouldn't put a ton of effort into updating lots of presets until the final thing is out.
Agreed...

Although, aside from the bug I confirmed yesterday, the Manage Presets option Reset Amps is a fairly quick and painless process if the amps don't have anything changed beyond the Tone page.

Of course, I somehow missed this capability until the last few days and have limited testing, it does seem to preserve the Tone page settings even if you're using Authentic mode.

The wiki says:
This will reset ALL channels of the AMP block in the selected preset(s), while maintaining the settings on the Authentic page of the AMP block, and automatically saves the preset(s) too.

I’ve left all my 100 or so presets as they were, due to the fact that even a soft reset would wipe a lot of settings out, such as GEQ settings, IC settings etc. What I’ve found is everything sounds just fine or even better than before with the old settings, so I can just get on with the business of playing 👍

I’ve left all my 100 or so presets as they were, due to the fact that even a soft reset would wipe a lot of settings out, such as GEQ settings, IC settings etc. What I’ve found is everything sounds just fine or even better than before with the old settings, so I can just get on with the business of playing 👍
This is basically how I roll since getting the unit. Update fw and enjoy. I did the reset of some mains this time around as I was very curious as to what Cliff had whipped up.

As always, you can do your own thing with the magic black box. Greatest buy of my life.

I tried it both ways and generally preferred the tone after a reset and redialing in from scratch, at least with the limited amp models I use. But I can certainly understand not wanting to do that with a 100 presets.

To me a hard reset everywhere is needed with this update. I take pics of all the settings before doing the hard reset, just in case … that’s long, not funny. But at the same time you do better sometimes

If one day, we can have a possibility to hard reset something without touching the settings, it can be cool

In honor of the occasion, I rebuilt all my presets this weekend, and did quite a bit of house-cleaning to boot. Carry on.
Staring Star Wars GIF by Disney+

In honor of the occasion, I rebuilt all my presets this weekend, and did quite a bit of house-cleaning to boot. Carry on.

When Cygnus X-3 becomes available for the FM9 this is what I'll do as well.

Whenever there is a big modelling algorithm change and/or a major version update (ie: 2.xx -> 3.xx) I find it's always easier and quicker to get back up and running by completely hard-resetting the AMP block and dialing in from an initialized, blank state.

As well, I find a big update is a good time to perform "housecleaning" like you do and sometimes reset the "System Parameters" and redo those parameters manually.

I don't bother to preserve AMP block settings as those parameters are tweaked for that particular firmware version and those tweaks may not apply and possibly even affect things a bit "negatively", or make it harder/more time consuming to get back to where you want to be after an upgrade....particularly if you've tweaked any of the Advanced Parameters.

I also hard-reset the AMP block to ensure any new modelling "stuff" is initialized and "in service".

If your existing presets sound "very different" after a firmware upgrade that's a good sign that it may be easier to hard-reset the AMP block and go from there IMO...YMMV, etc., etc.

I wish GEQ settings would be maintained on a soft reset. It would be especially useful when comparing Mesa Mark amps.
Being able to lock certain parameters would be so handy when changing between different amp channels/modes (like preserving GEQ settings, or poweramp valves+bias etc).

Being able to right click a knob/switch/slider, or entire tab within an amp block would be super useful.

So nothing is needed to reset if you pull up an amp and start a new preset from scratch right? Or even just delete the amp block and add it back into a preset?

Did anyone reply to this? Wondering the same. I don't trust my ears and would hate to find out I missed everything by uploading the firmware, making a new preset, and thinking I was good but missing a step...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom