Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Public Beta #2 (Cygnus X-3 Release Candidate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I have a question:

Let's say I have a preset that was created and saved under the last firmware release. Let's say that I adjusted one of the parameters that this beta software would normally apply a new value to. Maybe "Preamp Bias Excursion", for example.

Will the beta software reset or change that value that I adjusted under the previous software? Thanks.
Yes, this beta (and presumably the release) is going to reset that parameter to the new default. Because the old default is no longer valid, your old adjusted value might also no longer be valid. It's not perfect, but it's the current best compromise because the vast majority of users have never adjusted that value and asking them all to manually reset their amp models in each preset then re-do their BMT/etc changes was causing too much work and frustration.

I don't know how much more clear it can be. If presets needed to be resaved in order to keep the new values, it would have been stated.

It was stated thereafter, because it was not entirely clear ;) NOT auto-saved, but seems there's a lack of indication so it makes you think it got saved.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...nus-x-3-release-candidate.203306/post-2542397

I think the answer is that yes, a preset needs to be resaved to save the new value inside the preset. But it also doesn't hurt anything if you don't resave the preset then the values will be automatically updated every time the preset loads until it is saved. Until the preset is re-saved, it'll still show as a 21, 22, 24, etc firmware preset which needs the values to be reset on load.

So functionally, there is no difference for the user if it's resaved or not.

Seth Meyers Omg GIF by Bombay Softwares
Rob Lowe Ohno GIF by britbox

Unless, of course, they have tweaked any parameter in any block (including the amp auto-updated ones).
The minute you update though your setting will be switched to the default of those 12 or 13 parameters
So you either roll back or go forward , I mean you can painstakingly record all your settings but that does not guarantee even
That they will still work or sound the same in an updated firmware version

I just noticed that the nuts that secure the headphone and instrument jacks to the front panel are not rotationally aligned. What's up with that??
:D;)

View attachment 138038
We should now discuss whether the problem is that the headphone is too tight or the instrument jacks are slightly loose. A new rift of opinions will now start in this thread and will leave aside the comments about the improvements that this firmware provided :sweatsmile:

Looks like everyone is having fun kicking this dead horse, and I'm feeling left out.

I pulled up the latest factory presets (19.04) and I tried to compare them to the updated settings. I wasn't able to see any difference (tried about a handful of presets). I suspect this may be because the preset values are updated as soon as they load, which makes sense. Just wanted confirmation that this is the case.

Toodles...

Looks like everyone is having fun kicking this dead horse, and I'm feeling left out.

I pulled up the latest factory presets (19.04) and I tried to compare them to the updated settings. I wasn't able to see any difference (tried about a handful of presets). I suspect this may be because the preset values are updated as soon as they load, which makes sense. Just wanted confirmation that this is the case.

Toodles...
Easy : open the factory presets offline with fractool and compare the values on the axefx.

We should now discuss whether the problem is that the headphone is too tight or the instrument jacks are slightly loose. A new rift of opinions will now start in this thread and will leave aside the comments about the improvements that this firmware provided :sweatsmile:
a simple nut reset should resolve the issue however, heed!, if a custom nut position was previously deployed, it will be overridden by the nut reset.

Unless, of course, they have tweaked any parameter in any block (including the amp auto-updated ones).
If you are tweaking values it's also no difference if the preset was saved again after 25 or not. Your new tweaked values will effect up until you leave the preset then be lost unless you save them.

I hope it goes on the FM3 next, those owners haven’t had a firmware update for 6 months. Us FM9 users have had a great update recently.
There’s no deliberate ordering for which FM unit gets an update first. The FM3 has less CPU which can mean having to write more code in assembly language for efficiency and that can slow down development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom