Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Public Beta #2 (Cygnus X-3 Release Candidate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Potentially dumb question, but here we go - when I choose a preset using the newest firmware, and it's loading for the first time, should I except the save button to light up (indicating it's been edited)? Or are the new parameters applied AND saved automatically? For me the save button isn't lighting up.

Potentially dumb question, but here we go - when I choose a preset using the newest firmware, and it's loading for the first time, should I except the save button to light up (indicating it's been edited)? Or are the new parameters applied AND saved automatically? For me the save button isn't lighting up.
The edited is not lit here, i compared presets and parameters are updated (see list in the release notes)

I just came in to ask the same thing. I expected 'Save' to be highlighted, as if I understand correctly, the stated changes are applied automatically on preset load, but not stored until re-saved?

C'mon. This is a party. 🎉🥳

Can't we all just get along?
There is need for a disclaimer at the release notes: New firmware releases can cause maladjustment :D
dance moms lol GIF by Lifetime

Maybe because i used beta2 (public beta 1) before ?... I don't know
yeah, IIRC the version info saved in presets does not distinguish between the various pre-release and release versions of the same version number (25.00 b1 and 25.00 b2 and 25.00 rc are all id'd as 25.00).

Last edited:
yeah, IIRC the version info saved in presets does not distinguish between the various pre-release and release versions of the same version number (25.00 b1 and 25.00 b2 and 25.00 rc are all id'd as 25.00).
No, until beta 3 (public beta 2), the internal version was the same since 23.05... It was changed for beta 3

So, so far what's the general consensus on the new firmware and when can we expect a beta on the FM9 ?;)
I'm really enjoying it! One of the few rare times that I am happy the new FW automatically updates the necessary parameters (Though I have no need to adjust my settings, for those using high gain amps and wondering why the amp is quieter and/or different volume...turn up your grid bias to your liking or to match your old setting). I think it's a new flavor to the models. FW24 is stellar on its own and with the exception of the new algorithms, if you are 100% happy with your existing presets and tones, stick with it. There is a difference between the two, but kinda subtle. To my ears I am enjoying a little bit of tone shifts I am hearing in the new FW, but would be equally happy if FW24.05 was the last one ever made.

I just noticed that the nuts that secure the headphone and instrument jacks to the front panel are not rotationally aligned. What's up with that??
"Heads are gonna roll." :sweatsmile:

I think even Chucklehead missed that one!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom