Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.05 Release

In that case, a disconnect/reconnect usually gets you there, if not, power cycle the box.
When I experienced this before, none of those things worked... It was a bug in the editor. But definitely good suggestions to try and help gather more information!

Is the tone match block working okay on this firmware? I was trying to capture IRs from third party movable mic software in my DAW, and I've had tremendous results in the past using the tone match block for this. It's been a couple of months since I last used this block, but I tried tone matches many times on 24.05, with results that didn't sound right at all, almost like I had smoothing at 100%, even though it was at 0%. I could totally have done something wrong (it's happened before, and it'll happen again), but I was just using the settings I usually use, and I spent hours trying to troubleshoot, with the same results every time. Thanks in advance for any help!

Is the tone match block working okay on this firmware? I was trying to capture IRs from third party movable mic software in my DAW, and I've had tremendous results in the past using the tone match block for this. It's been a couple of months since I last used this block, but I tried tone matches many times on 24.05, with results that didn't sound right at all, almost like I had smoothing at 100%, even though it was at 0%. I could totally have done something wrong (it's happened before, and it'll happen again), but I was just using the settings I usually use, and I spent hours trying to troubleshoot, with the same results every time. Thanks in advance for any help!
Hmm, I wonder if that code was adjusted or maybe altered inadvertently as a result of some other change.

It normally shows the ports.

I had already selected the firmware file, and I didn't follow a prompt for the firmware update, only the Axe Edit update.

I have just repeated the process now, albeit without clicking the 'begin' button and this is what I normally see...

View attachment 134327
To follow up on this, I just encountered it with FM9-Edit. This is what it looked like once I clicked Begin:

1707189827140.png

The update ran normally and I even got the normal popup once it finished.

Hello,

I updated very recently from firmware 20. I started playing with dynacab today and I have an issue. Is it normal that the AIR parameter react very differently when using DynaCab?
I feel it is doing a very strange behaviour, cutting some frequencies instead of just adding air as it did with normal IRs.

Here is an audio exemple of what it is doing. Please excuse me it is not a guitar but a hurdy gurdy:).
REC 1 is legacy cab 79 junior blues & AIR at 0%
REC 2 is Dynacab JR Blues with settings matching the legacy IR and AIR at 0%
REC 3 is same legacy cab with AIR at 30% (air freq at 8000Hz)
REC 4 is same dynacab with AIR at 30% (air freq at 8000Hz)

As you can hear REC 1 & REC 2 sounds very similar but REC 3 & 4 very different. REC 4 sounds like there is a loss in some high frequencies, or maybe like a phasing issue.
I double checked all other parameters, and reseted CAB block but it did the same.

Hello,

I updated very recently from firmware 20. I started playing with dynacab today and I have an issue. Is it normal that the AIR parameter react very differently when using DynaCab?
I feel it is doing a very strange behaviour, cutting some frequencies instead of just adding air as it did with normal IRs.

Here is an audio exemple of what it is doing. Please excuse me it is not a guitar but a hurdy gurdy:).

As you can hear REC 1 & REC 2 sounds very similar but REC 3 & 4 very different. REC 4 sounds like there is a loss in some high frequencies, or maybe like a phasing issue.
I double checked all other parameters, and reseted CAB block but it did the same.

Since dynacabs are not minimum phase and have a bit of leading silence, I guess the dry signal introduced by the Air parameter is not time-aligned with the IR and so it's out of phase on some frequencies

PS: i don't remember if Smoothing is available in dyna-cab mode, but raising a tiny bit that parameter should solve the issue (cuz it applies MPT)

On a side note, I have to admit I never knew that instrument existed. I just did a deep dive on its history on YouTube - I love the way it sounds with that droning string. Reminds me of the Last of the Mohicans soundtrack.

Hello,

Sorry to say, I am glad you are having troubles because if not, I may never have seen your incredible work and playing ( https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/hurdy-gurdy-axe-fx-iii-video.149058/ )!! OMG, that is some cool stuff ;~)) The composition, the playing and the instrument!! I hope your fractal stuff gets worked out, but whether it does or not, thanks for doing what you do, truly an inspiration!!!

Back
Top Bottom