Status
Not open for further replies.
2. If presets are "STALE"
(saved under an OLDER revision)
Then gapless switching may not work
until the presets are saved.
This is because the preset is being updated
during the switchover.
There is an "update presets" function in the FM3 Utilities, but I don't see if in the Axe III. Would this solve issue #2 above? Wish list item?

So when is 24.00 ?? Can't abide this uneven number...
I am just kidding...Appreciate the continued hard work, especially since you'd have to revert backwards four or five updates to let the "other" products of this nature try to catch up!

Just out of idle curiosity, has there ever been any explanation about this? As I understand it, the refresh is automatic if you only install production versions, so why couldn't that also be done for beta versions? I'm looking at the version info details that get transmitted to Axe-Edit for a beta, and it seems like it should be doable. It sure would clear up a fair bit of confusion if it was automatic.
Because beta versions don't have a number (yes they display one but don't send one in the sysex)

After installing FW 23.0 (released), my CPU went up about 2-3% into the
warning zone on my standard preset, which is usually around 78%.
I removed a few things and brought it down to around 66%, but the CPU meter
is dancing around like crazy. Constantly jumping from 66% to around 70%.
It never did this before. Anyone else noticing this?

BTW, I was running all the 23.0 betas before this behavior started.
Yes, seeing this same behaviour after installing FW23.0 Release. Did not happen on previous V23 betas.

I also have my main presets in the 80% CPU range that went up to 84% with V23 Release. Tamed them back to 78% to compensate.
At 78% the CPU% indicator bounces from 78% to 82% randomly. Have not been able to trace any specific block as causing this.
Does the same for 51% factory presets which bounce 51-55%.

So, plus 3-4% "random" swing in CPU% on all presets tried. CPU% readings are from AXE Edit.

Gapless is OFF.

Easy enough to anticipate and work around but would be good to know source/or possible culprits.

Last edited:
I agree with comments around, with this release having so many great additions (I absolutely love the trem) the amp modelling changes haven't had the praise they deserve.

My consistent experience is that every major release, dialing in the amps gets easier and easier - and this is no exception, it just works wonderfully.

Now my only frustration - I love the whole CabLab experience, so am really craving more Dynacab packs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom