Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.00 Release Candidate #2 (Beta #7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason I love Fractal is that the shakers & makers are here and reporting back (as fixed) to the users on the status of things usually on the day of the reported issues. NOWHERE ELSE that I am aware of does this happen from another Company on a day-to-day basis! Thats not conjecture, it is just plain FACT. Thanks, Cliff/Fractal, for all you do.

The reason I love Fractal is that the shakers & makers are here and reporting back (as fixed) to the users on the status of things usually on the day of the reported issues. NOWHERE ELSE that I am aware of does this happen from another Company on a day-to-day basis! Thats not conjecture, it is just plain FACT. Thanks, Cliff/Fractal, for all you do.
^^^ This, absolutely. Nowhere else indeed.

It's not going anywhere, it was just updated.
Not entirely true. The previous version was based on Joes actual personal amp, which sounds different from the production versions. I have a production version and it sounded nothing like the Fractal version.

Not entirely true. The previous version was based on Joes actual personal amp, which sounds different from the production versions. I have a production version and it sounded nothing like the Fractal version.
Sounds nothing like it? Doubtful.

I still find it hilarious that the production JS Signature amp, as it turns out, does not sound like JS's personal amp on which the production signature amp is based lol! I wonder if Joe has a personal personal amp that sounds nothing like the personal amp he sent Fractal 🤣🤣

Last edited:
I have no doubt they’re different, but I’m sure they’re similar. I find it hard to believe that it’s not something you can tweak with the hundreds of tone parameters we’re given. Am I out of my mind?
Possibly. Possibly we all are. Each mind and perspective is different. That's both amazing and a total PITA sometimes.

For some (or some purposes), "different but similar" isn't the same as "the same", whether conceptually, objectively or subjectively.

Even if one could "tweak" thing B to be like A, B ain't A. This seems to matter to humans, especially if we invest time, attention and creativity based on thing A (not B, a mere imitation of A).

Last edited:
I have no doubt they’re different, but I’m sure they’re similar. I find it hard to believe that it’s not something you can tweak with the hundreds of tone parameters we’re given. Am I out of my mind?
Cliff saying "yes, they measure quite differently" is not enough for you? OK.

Sorry- I just need to know how he knows they’re the same if he doesn’t actually own one to compare? And how he is essentially saying the man who copied the amp and put it into his company unit is somehow wrong? Inquiring minds want to know……

In any case, I much prefer the updated JS amp over the previous.
I’m also really loving the new reverbs. Superb with a twin reverb amp!

I think there may be a bug with the size parameter in the reverb block. It appears to be functioning backwards. Can someone else test it out to confirm?

Sorry- I just need to know how he knows they’re the same if he doesn’t actually own one to compare? And how he is essentially saying the man who copied the amp and put it into his company unit is somehow wrong? Inquiring minds want to know……
Who said they were the same?

I still find it hilarious that the production JS Signature amp, as it turns out, does not sound like JS's personal amp on which the production signature amp is based lol! I wonder if Joe has a personal personal amp that sounds nothing like the personal amp he sent Fractal 🤣🤣
I think you may be on to something there..........biggrin.gif Or on something.........wait.........laugh.gif

The new one sounds much better than the one he wants back in the unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom