Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Release

May have encountered a bug.

Was putting together a preset from scratch, only had IN1, OUT1, AMP1, and CAB1 blocks. Cab was set to Dyna-Cab, 4x12 Recto Straight. Went to the amp block and started scrolling through amp models fairly quickly. This was all done using the front panel, no Axe-Edit.

Outputs meters suddenly dimed and the signal died. Not a peep. I could edit whatever I wanted, but no sound was coming out and the meters stayed dimed. Had to reboot the unit.

For anyone looking for a great midrange focused rock and / or roll bite from a Dyna Cab, I highly recommend the 65 BassGuy with a Dynamic 1 (SM57) in each of the two first slots. Many commented in the beta threads about the Dyna Cabs being less mid focused than traditional IRs, so, to my ears, this is one rough equivalence to a more standard IR, in a good way! This is a great way for me not to make high and low cuts in the cab block.

I placed each mic in different parts of the array. I then went to the Align page of the Cab block (on the front of the unit for finer control) and adding a smidge of distance to the second block to "smear" the pick attack. When you do this, increasing the volume of the second mic to match the first one will smear more, and decreasing it will add definition. I like to have my left hand on the Distance knob on the Align page on the unit while using my right hand to change placement and volume of the second mic. With this method I've found I get the quickest pleasing mix of character with definition.

With this, going between many different Marshall and Marshall flavored Plexi and JCM800 style models, with and without overdrive pedals, I was getting great pissed off badass hard rock tones without finding the bass frequencies getting in the way.

Just installed Dynacabs on my Axe FX III.

This has made a huge difference to amps such as the Mark IIC++ which was difficult to dial in with conventional IRs. I managed to get my "holy tone" in under a minute using the default amp and 4x12 USA M90 DynaCab with the condenser mic. Absolutely brilliant ! Thanks FAS !

FWIW I have my INPUT 1 / INSTR set to 10% now to avoid the clipping. I'm using a MusicMan Luke III which has very hot pickups with a 20dB boost setting.

The real Marshall JMP-1 has a fixed tonestack that you're unintentionally turning off or changing, plus the JMP-1 EQ which is what is adjusted via the front panel.

To roughly simulate the JMP-1's fixed passive tonestack with for example a JCM 800's passive tonestack, you'd set it at B2/M0/T5, which cuts a lot of level.

To use the JMP-1 EQ use the Amp Block's Output EQ, or as of the latest it's now in the GEQ Block as well.

So for the JMP-1 to sound correct, leave the tonestack at default as the BMTP controls are mapped to the Amp Block's Output's JMP-1 EQ, and PA Presence controls the power amp's filtered feedback presence.
Thank you for the explanation! Really appreciate it to understand how to correctly utilize that Preamp as intended by Fractal! Thanx Again. Best

Just spent some time with V22. I'm going to have to recalibrate the way I dial tones. I'm used to having to apply low cuts, but now I can just keep the boom from getting in in the first place by moving the mic back.

Man, that Rev amp is bright.
Turn off the Bright switch if you find it too bright. It's on by default because I prefer it on.

Just spent some time with V22. I'm going to have to recalibrate the way I dial tones. I'm used to having to apply low cuts, but now I can just keep the boom from getting in in the first place by moving the mic back.

Man, that Rev amp is bright.
The Purple channels are bright. I had to turn off the bright switch and back the treble off a bit.

Halp! So I'm not seeing the Revv models after updating, tried pushing the firmware twice and refreshing/power cycling, but the amps are not in my amp list :confused:

Has anyone else experienced this/what should I try next?

Back
Top Bottom