Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Release

REVV purple 2 is my new best friend. Dynacab Recto Straight with a condenser, and a Recto Slant with a Ribbon and WOW.

Plugged the amp into my existing main chain and damn, that low end grunt without being overly woofs without needing a “808” to tighten up.

Bliss!
Very similar to me. Just re-did my main preset.

Revv Purple 1 for rhythm.
Revv Red 3 for lead.
Double Verb Silverface for clean
Mesa Straight dynamic 2 panned left
Mesa Slant dynamic 2 panned right

Was previously using the Atomica mainly.

Nothing mentioned in the release notes about the install procedure even though a couple of people have said "see the release notes". If it's still a two step procedure it should be clarified in the original post and release notes. I never installed the beta so I'm sitting here a little reluctant to install until there's some confirmation from Fractal. I remember the beta threads mentioning it but unless I'm completely blind (possible), this one says nothing about a two step process. Did it change or not?
There is a clear set of instructions in the release zip file. To me, those are the release notes, not the text in a forum post.

I cant believe how balanced and great these dyna-cabs sound. I am finally able to use either my Elis.8 or the in ears with surprisingly even results.

Final 22 and lastest axe edit bricked my setup. Not sure what to do. Axe edit won't communicate with the axe fx unit at all now, Just fails all attempts. Prior edit verison and last 22 beta worked fine.

update: maybe it was some bad .syx preset files. Seems to be more or less running ok now after several restarts and firmware refresh again and alternative patches dragged to an empy preset. I'll have to do some more testing.

Last edited:
Final 22 and lastest axe edit bricked my setup. Not sure what to do. Axe edit won't communicate with the axe fx unit at all now, Just fails all attempts. Prior edit verison and last 22 beta worked fine.
You need to specify your OS, what version of Edit, what the driver versions are if you're on Windows, and any other actions you took prior to installation.

"It broke" doesn't tell us a whole lot when trying to help you get it running again.

Before you try fancier stuff, try different USB cables and USB ports. You wouldn't believe how often that basic stuff turns out to be the problem.

Good luck.

My issue is: Why do the other blocks- IN1, OUT1, Amp 1 & 2, Chorus, Delay, & Reverb..., ALL stay on channel A when I switch to other scenes, but the Cab block does not? AND, it seems to choose which scene to change to channel B in, at random, since in the first preset I built, it did it in scene 2, yet when I built the preset a 2nd time, it switched to channel B in scenes 3 and 8.
Take a look at your channels settings in Scene Manager.

First time I try the following setting:

Using the JMPre-1 OD1in AMP Block, with the Preamp Tonestack Type set to: "JMPre-1 OD1" instead of "Default", is it normal that the Volume Drops significantly from selecting these two Types? The Question is: Why is Default so different in Tone to JMPre-1 OD1 in this Preamp?
Thanx!

First time I try the following setting:

Using the JMPre-1 OD1in AMP Block, with the Preamp Tonestack Type set to: "JMPre-1 OD1" instead of "Default", is it normal that the Volume Drops significantly from selecting these two Types? The Question is: Why is Default so different in Tone to JMPre-1 OD1 in this Preamp?
Thanx!
The real Marshall JMP-1 has a fixed tonestack that you're unintentionally turning off or changing, plus the JMP-1 EQ which is what is adjusted via the front panel.

To roughly simulate the JMP-1's fixed passive tonestack with for example a JCM 800's passive tonestack, you'd set it at B2/M0/T5, which cuts a lot of level.

To use the JMP-1 EQ use the Amp Block's Output EQ, or as of the latest it's now in the GEQ Block as well.

So for the JMP-1 to sound correct, leave the tonestack at default as the BMTP controls are mapped to the Amp Block's Output's JMP-1 EQ, and PA Presence controls the power amp's filtered feedback presence.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom