Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta (Beta 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a pool. The processors have different kinds of memory for different tasks. As users we have no insight in how much storage space is available for objects.
I get that. I am curious how the storage for DynaCabs was found/liberated without touching existing IR storage, but it feels like that question is being discouraged. I did laugh at Ian's 'it's complicated' gif.

Any chance we can get more details from Cliff regarding storage, dyna-cabs, etc?

Seems like most in this thread are discussing storage capabilities and how this will work with third party vendors. Are we out of space in allowing 30+ cabs with 3 mics, or can we swap these "factory" positions with other cabs / mics from Fractal or third party?

Speculation is fun, but 50 pages later I'm ready to hear how this will work with my Axe FX III and FM3.

I personally would like to know if I can load "on axis" / "off axis" variants of dyna-cab captures, how this will work across products (FM3 / FM9), and how cab-lab is involved.

I bet it takes a long time to shoot all the ir's for one cab with one mic for a Dyna-cab. You guys are talking more mics and 130 or so more cabs? I bet that's a ton of work.
+1, and the number of IRs to store multiplies quick. If I do 6 IR capture positions per cab with 3 mics, I'm already at 450 IRs for 25 cabs. I'm in favour reducing the number of traditional IRs to make room for more DynaCabs if that's possible + needed. Excited to see what the external DynaCab options will be - 3rd pty makers reading here: don't forget to take IC into account!

Last edited:
One thing for sure, there’s no shortage of technical advisors🧐
They think too much 😂
200.gif

Star Trek No No No GIF by arielle-m

Have you guys EVER seen Cliff NOT have a viable work-around ?

I’ve been here +10 years so I’m not worried. He’ll figure this out or present viable alternatives.
What do we need a work-around for? I'm not even sure what people are complaining about because no matter what some people just feel the need to complain.

Some people on this forum just suck all the joy out of this job. I've spent months on this and it works and sounds awesome but some people still have to complain.

What do we need a work-around for? I'm not even sure what people are complaining about because no matter what some people just feel the need to complain.

Some people on this forum just suck all the joy out of this job. I've spent months on this and it works and sounds awesome but some people still have to complain.
I can’t imagine how difficult it is to work when you have to stop and facepalm at so many of the needy and greedy🤦‍♂️ that can’t even wait long enough to see what the finished product will be before micromanaging!

Please don't feel your efforts aren't appreciated! For every one of the complainers, there are at least 10-20 of us that absolutely love your thinking and work!

I don't think this was directed at me, but if my last post came off as complaining, then I am sorry.

I am extremely excited about this update, which is why I am spending too much time reading this thread / forum and very curious the remaining unknown details of this update.

The 1960TV cab sounds great to my ears and will replace my trusted IR I've primarily used since the Axe FX II.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom