Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta (Beta 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, where to start?...

The Dyna-Cabs aren't firmware. They're cabs. That's why they're separate from the firmware.

Plans are to keep them separate in the future.

"Always?" No one has said that.
Yep, you are correct.

Cliff’s answer in #180 of this thread is what I was referring in my reply. Searching back, Cliff did not actually use the word “always”, but his response left that impression with me. I was in no way trying to mislead anyone, just simply responding with what memory latched onto. Hope tomorrow is a better day for all.

Lee

Yes, you can use scenes to change the amp and cab, and use “scene ignore” on other blocks. Takes a bit of work to set up and then that takes away the option to use scenes for other things. A simple “link amp 1 and cab 1 channels” Y/N parameter would be more user friendly for the average joe, and an option that you don’t need to select if it doesn’t work for your setup.
You should write it up in the Wish section and see if it gets traction...

Dude, I was able to go about 25% higher on mine after running it for a few hours!
I think i need to install again. Got clipping above 10%, but i have running default at 50% with OD and boosts going in there since i got it.
Not an important thing, but still.

And i don't see the cabs in the new AE. I can see the mics etc, but the curtain with the cabs are blanc, so i need to switch on the front panel.

But, this is what a beta is for. Iron out the small flaws.

I think i need to install again. Got clipping above 10%, but i have running default at 50% with OD and boosts going in there since i got it.
Not an important thing, but still.

And i don't see the cabs in the new AE. I can see the mics etc, but the curtain with the cabs are blanc, so i need to switch on the front panel.

But, this is what a beta is for. Iron out the small flaws.
That doesn’t sound like a flaw, sounds like you need to ‘refresh after new firmware’

Should the "Legacy" cab block be named "Legacy" or is there a better name? Does this name add confusion since we already have "Legacy" IRs available from previous Fractal products?

We used to have Hi-Res cabs in the Axe-Fx. Those were 2040 samples (40 ms).

After Ultra-Res IRs (8000 samples, 170 ms) were introduced, Hi-Res IRs became legacy objects, also because Ultra-Res IRs consume less DSP power than Hi-Res IRs.

Full-Res IRs consist of up to 64000 samples (1.33 sec). These are intended only to reproduce the vibe of room mics and short convolution reverbs, useful for recording and monitoring through headphones etc.

With Dyna-Cabs (2048 samples) we sort of seem to return to Hi-Res cabs, with regard to length/resolution. I think because file size matters, and maybe also because the POV towards the length of IRs has developed over time (note: these are assumptions). For example, I always trim the length of UltraRes IRs because it takes up less CPU, it keeps the sound clear and it doesn't affect the sound quality at all IMHO.

The new Axe Edit III 1.13.00 Release Notes shows support for Dyna Cab and the new Fractal-Bot so I installed it and used the embedded Fractal-Bot to install the Firmware 22 and Dyna Cab files without any issues. I did have Fractal-Bot 3.0.16 installed on my computer before installing the new AE III, but that shouldn't have mattered, or am I mistaken?
Fractal-Bot was initially updated and was how we first installed the Dyna-Cab files when the firmware released. Edit updated a day after the firmware and added the new Fractal-Bot, so if you downloaded during that interim then it didn’t have the support. If you downloaded after Edit was updated then it should work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom