Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta #2 (Beta 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve added about 1 dB to the cab level on the dynacabs too. I’m running through a mixer so I can see where the levels are compared to legacy cabs.

Anybody see issues with 82-85% CPU being used? I have few kitchen sink presets and with the Preamp and High Quality I'm in that range.
Yes. Fractal recommends 80% maximum. Beyond that you're going where angels fear to tread.

The unit is designed to protect your sound output as much as possible and will disable blocks using too much CPU. And CPU usage varies as the machine is processing sound, so a scene that works with nothing happening can reach critical mass once you start playing. Once the problem is critical enough, the system will turn off sound entirely trying to provide the services that handle the front-panel controls so you can fix things or switch to a different preset. I try to keep my presets below 75-77% just to avoid problems.

Tonight I tried many different amps with just the 1960TV SM7 Dynacab, and it was easily the best night of tone of my life. The nuance of each amp just shined for me in a way that blew my hair back. It was incredible. It's so tough, because I totally and completely understand the ubiquity of the SM57, but to me, with the Dynacab captures, I might easily just stick to the SM7 alone without the need to mix in anything else. At least for my guitar and my ears, that mic is freaking perfect. It has just enough high end without stridency, or adding weird, unwelcome mids in a bad way. And you can so easily dial in just the perfect amount of lows just by moving it. Anyway, just one man's experience, but it was very powerful to me. Long live the SM7!

I decided to go back to the factory presets and just replace the legacy cabs with as close as I could version of the dyna cabs. I highly recommend doing it if you don't have to go anywhere or do anything for the next few hours. It was so much fun and inspiring. I didn't run across any bugs to report.
I decided to try the new dyna cabs with my bass tone, I know there isn't a bass cab yet, but it still gave me my best bass tone I've gotten yet. The guitars and bass sat in the mix so much better with way less processing than anything I have done yet. Cannot wait for the final release.

Tonight I tried many different amps with just the 1960TV SM7 Dynacab, and it was easily the best night of tone of my life. The nuance of each amp just shined for me in a way that blew my hair back. It was incredible. It's so tough, because I totally and completely understand the ubiquity of the SM57, but to me, with the Dynacab captures, I might easily just stick to the SM7 alone without the need to mix in anything else. At least for my guitar and my ears, that mic is freaking perfect. It has just enough high end without stridency, or adding weird, unwelcome mids in a bad way. And you can so easily dial in just the perfect amount of lows just by moving it. Anyway, just one man's experience, but it was very powerful to me. Long live the SM7!
couldn´t agree more with you ! SM7b is all I need to be happy :)
You can set it dead center and it has some teeth and the sound will cut through but still in a very pleasant way, pull it to the side a bit and it´s kinda like a mix of 57 and R121. just amazing !

Hi all,

My dyna cabs are simply not loading. The BOT just sits there and doesnt load the file. Suggestions? Yes I followed the instructions. Thanks

this is just an example with zero high and low cut (normally I cut the OH one) , everything at noon in the amp, guitar is a sample with the looper ... 3 different mics at the same time with 3 dyna irs (!!!) against 2 OH irs with 57/421

preset in attached link , if you want to try at home, just change channel A and B from the cab block . this is the first version of dynacab with the sm57 . The bass and mid zones change a lot between them

The difference is not subtle! I prefer the dynacabs since in comparison the OH IRs seem recorded inside a bathtub...

Being a CPU cheapskate I've always made my goto 57/121 mixes in Cablab and then ported that to a single Axfx cab slot. Whether in cablab or Axefx, before Dynacab, mixing was a bit painful as one had to pull in individual IR files - not so bad when auditioning with 1 mic / IR, but with 2 or more, and looking for a sound to lock onto - time consuming. Tho reluctant to give up the cpu (and hoping for DynaCab mixing in Cablab4), I started mixing via 2 DynaCab slots in 22b7 (Centre Panned Ribbon + Dynamic). Really nice - Really really really nice! - to be able to move both mic positions around in real time to find the right "hair", then dial brightness up or down by changing the levels on either the dark mic (Ribbon) or the bright mic (Dynamic). Very fast to find a great sound.

couldn´t agree more with you ! SM7b is all I need to be happy :)
You can set it dead center and it has some teeth and the sound will cut through but still in a very pleasant way, pull it to the side a bit and it´s kinda like a mix of 57 and R121. just amazing !
which mic is the SM7 in the Dyna-cabs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom