Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 5.00 Public Beta

+1

Radically different is right. There's definitely something wrong with the IIC++ model. I wouldn't say upper mids though, more like low mids/"mid" mids. When you select Latest, the amp model gets a lot darker and really raunchy sounding. It also gets a lot louder.

Oh well, guess I'll roll back to 4.01 beta until Cliff (hopefully) posts a bug fix.

Yes, there's some wrong parameter values in that model associated with the new modeing. You don't need to roll back, just set the Modeling Version to 4.xx.

i just have a little issue on existing presets previously near the cpu limit, now they clip due to the cpu overload (3% added approximatly)

I was hearing some strange noises when I was playing with headphones last night. Sounded like crackling or popping. First thing I thought of was clipping, but the clipping light wasn't coming on. I didn't look at the CPU% though. I'll have to check it out.

2. Due to space limitations in the Mark I/II BOOTROM this firmware is not backwards compatible with presets created prior to firmware version 15.08. This limitation only exists for the Mark I/II. XL and XL+ still maintain backward compatibility.

Mark I user here - thank you so much!!!!!

Banged my head again and when I came around...

And the day came, that when the firmware was not updated for more than three weeks, a group of worried Axe Fx users assembled, and made plans to hire a professional wrestler, who would occasionally stop by Cliff Chase's house and give him a gentle headbutt, just in cases that the firmware development process needed some impulse...

shortcircuit2.gif

Or

533b_1.jpg

No, don't think so.

Form the 4.01 beta:
"To simulate the Boost switch use the Boost switch in the amp block as it has the same amount of gain."

Thanks. This likely still applies. I mentioned it due to the two amps that were added for channel 1, one with boost enabled and the other without. That, and the updated release notes for Q5 didn't mention the (above) quoted text in relation to channels 2 and 3.

Mk-2 User .. Long time fan back to my original Standard . I am constantly amazed at how Cliff and Fractal run their business . Been talking up my experience to every musician I know . So glad to see the company is growing .... Long Live FAS \m/

Celebration! Will have to try out when I get home from work.
Still looking forward for a X/Y amp block switch audio gap fix though! :)

Wow thanks a lot Cliff!!

Are we talking created before 15.08 and untouched since then, or anything that was originally created before 15.08?
Let's say I created a preset before 15.08 but modified it and saved it after 15.08. Is it still considered a potential issue, or we're talking only untouched preset from before 15.08?

Wow thanks a lot Cliff!!

Are we talking created before 15.08 and untouched since then, or anything that was originally created before 15.08?
Let's say I created a preset before 15.08 but modified it and saved it after 15.08. Is it still considered a potential issue, or we're talking only untouched preset from before 15.08?

Created means the version it was saved under.

Added “Capt Hook” amp models based on a Hook Captain Classic 34. This amp uses a mu follower which yields a complex distortion with smooth decay. There are six models:

1. Capt Hook 1A: Channel 1 w/ EQ and Boost switches off.
2. Capt Hook 1B: Channel 1 w/ EQ and Boost switches on.
3. Capt Hook 2A: Channel 2 with Edge switch off.
4. Capt Hook 2B: Channel 2 with Edge switch on.
5. Capt Hook 3A: Channel 3 with Edge switch off.
6. Capt Hook 3B: Channel 3 with Edge switch on.

1co78w_zps73q1fh04.jpg

CAN'T WAIT

@FractalAudio would you mind explaining how the new parameter works? I noticed that for all the bunch of models I tried (various Marshalls, IIC++, Hiwatt, ac30, tweed) it always defaults to 3.33.

And big thanks from a MK I and AX8 user ;)

Very cool.

Fw15 was from like 2014, so any patch that old is gonna need work anyway due to the changes up until now.

Gonna have to load this when I get home, I'm still on 3.00.

Is there any more word on the new bass amp(s) that were mentioned in the wish list subforum?

Back
Top Bottom