Axe-FX II Preset Report Generator

An XML output that included meaningful tag names would be sweet too.

I took a go at creating XML from the CSV export, but the values in the CSV don't correspond to the values in the preset per se as far as I could tell?

For example, in a preset with a Drive block with the drive set at "2.01", there is no "2.01" value anywhere in the CSV export.

I was wanting the XML to do a "difference" between two presets.

The difference would let me see, quickly, only the parameters that were changed.

So, for example compare a downloaded preset and quickly see what AMP block parameters are different than the defaults.

I think this would be valuable to see what tweaks are being made by folks.

Richard

I started something similar thinking to use it when we get firmware upgrades with preset banks to see the changes made on presets. I got sidetracked and never followed up on it.

An XML output that included meaningful tag names would be sweet too.

I took a go at creating XML from the CSV export, but the values in the CSV don't correspond to the values in the preset per se as far as I could tell?

For example, in a preset with a Drive block with the drive set at "2.01", there is no "2.01" value anywhere in the CSV export.

I was wanting the XML to do a "difference" between two presets.

The difference would let me see, quickly, only the parameters that were changed.

So, for example compare a downloaded preset and quickly see what AMP block parameters are different than the defaults.

I think this would be valuable to see what tweaks are being made by folks.

Richard

I started something similar thinking to use it when we get firmware upgrades with preset banks to see the changes made on presets. I got sidetracked and never followed up on it.

XML output is in there now. The XML file can be read into Excel (for example), alongside another XML file of the original preset, and you can use a formula comparison to compare the 'Value' columns and report exceptions.

Hey all,

A few days ago, there was a request on TGP by a member who wanted to generate a printed report of his Axe-FX patches for filing and reference.

I thought it was a neat idea, and seeing as I am already creating some back end database collections for my AxePad development, I thought I would create a little Windows app that would read in an Axe-FX SYX file and generate a printed PDF report of the settings.

... snip-snip ...

Oh, and Only works for Axe-FX II presets only, latest firmware - won't work on Gen 1 presets...

Have fun!

I was going to ask you to marry me, but then I saw the disclaimer that it won't work for Std/Ultra presets. Dang!

I have to agree with <whoever posted it> that it would be a great way for people to grok their old Ultra presets when they're building new patches on the Axe II.

Let's see... what else could I say that might encourage you to tweak a std/Ultra version... you can have my first-born? I'll send you chocolates? I'll vote for you as the contributor of the year?

Great stuff, that. Hope you get around to a gen 1 version. But I won't hold it against you if you don't.

Genius!! This is a huge help for studying what people have done with their presets. It would be an even bigger help if it were for Standard/Ultra too, as you could study what they did and could copy it over to your own AxeFX II with less issue, using their print-outs as a guide. I'd also like to put a little push here for a Mac version... :p

Hahaha... New version DOES work with gen 1 standards and ultras!! I shall await my chocolates! :D

I cannot thank you enough! This is a dream come true.

If you're ever looking for other ways to utilize these skills you obviously have, here's a neat suggestion: a search feature that can find instances of a particular block in a bank. Allow me to explain: frequently, Cliff introduces new firmware versions with release notes that say something like "beware, the <whatever> block has been reworked and presets that use this block need to be adjusted"... the problem is to find these blocks in your 384 presets. A search tool that lets you specify the <whatever> block, and returns a list of all presets in your bank .syx that uses <whatever> would be a huge time saver. This may sound trivial, but there is no feature to do this, neither on the front panel, nor in Axe-edit.

Once again, huge thanks. Karmic chocolates are already sent!

Reactions: yek
If you're ever looking for other ways to utilize these skills you obviously have, here's a neat suggestion: a search feature that can find instances of a particular block in a bank. Allow me to explain: frequently, Cliff introduces new firmware versions with release notes that say something like "beware, the <whatever> block has been reworked and presets that use this block need to be adjusted"... the problem is to find these blocks in your 384 presets. A search tool that lets you specify the <whatever> block, and returns a list of all presets in your bank .syx that uses <whatever> would be a huge time saver. This may sound trivial, but there is no feature to do this, neither on the front panel, nor in Axe-edit.

Axe-Edit has no "effect block search" feature but Axe-Manage does display the blocks used in a preset, when set to View Details (IIRC). You can sort the column to spot specific effects blocks quickly.

Devan? any Mac version in the foreseeable future?

Hi Patzag - Sorry, but I don't think I will be porting this app to the Mac at this stage. As I mentioned earlier, that was really just a 'leftover' database from our AxePad development that I decided to use to put this together. It still took me about 30 odd hours to do it, and with my current 'real' workload and things I want to do in AxePad, I cannot spare the time to do a Mac version.

Also as I mentioned earlier, I was looking to perhaps put a 'web' shell around this app and create a small web service where people can upload a preset and get a PDF report and XML report to download - that way ANY platform user can use it.

I've put THAT on the back burner for a bit too, until I can work out a way to integrate it with Axe-Change so that you can point and Axe-Change preset to the web service and get a report on it.

it would be cool if it were also included in Axe-Edit as a "save as" option.
Thanks for your generosity!

Hey all,

A few days ago, there was a request on TGP by a member who wanted to generate a printed report of his Axe-FX patches for filing and reference.

I thought it was a neat idea, and seeing as I am already creating some back end database collections for my AxePad development, I thought I would create a little Windows app that would read in an Axe-FX SYX file and generate a printed PDF report of the settings.

No cost for this - I am releasing it to all Axe-FX users at no charge, mainly as a way of saying 'Thanks' to everyone for supporting AxePad so well.

Some screenshots:

7476756550_cfd6d86097_z.jpg

7476756738_2d0acbf92e_z.jpg

A sample PDF report can be downloaded here: https://www.box.com/s/570b91e658d3ad075eca

Application can be downloaded here: https://www.box.com/s/fea587a20aeb1110b38c

It's only for Windows I am afraid, no Macs or Linux.. No warranty or responsibility taken for anything that explodes! :lol

Simply unzip the files into a folder on your hard drive and run AxeReporter.EXE

You can also drag and drop SYX files onto the program window to instantly interpret them. Only works for SINGLE preset files, NOT blocks! Oh, and Only works for Axe-FX II presets only, latest firmware - won't work on Gen 1 presets...

Have fun!

GREAT tool! Always wanted something like this to really save my settings. So far, I've done this by screenshooting from AE and save them as JPG. This really took a lot of time :D

Thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom