Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 6.01 Up

When do you really tone match your amps because it's clear that the stock models are not tone matched and you've probably better tools than us to do it.
That's all what is missing now IMO.

Mmm... no. You are absolutely incorrect. They are matched to real amps.

In my situation, I play in the same environments with the same setup week after week. Same settings, same gear, same sound guy, same room, same monitor, same guitar, same player. One day it feels like tone and mix couldn't be better - chills, rushes of euphoric satisfaction, etc. The next day it's the end of the world. My guitar is too brittle. Whoever thought up this ridiculous instrument anyway? I should've picked keys. What changed? Nothing.

Our minds and moods effect what we hear. There's no getting away from it.

I totally agree. I currently own 4 modelers, one modeling amp, a software modeler, and three ipad modeler apps. This happens to me on everyone I have used over a period of time. I also have cr@p Electricity which does not help for the units that get "plugged in" ...

I am not sure if I can hear a difference with 6.0 vs 6.1 , Because I can't trust my ears for long periods of time, but I am enjoying the ride :D

The Virtual Triode internal parameter values were tweaked slightly based on matching studies. In most amps this has increased the harmonic density. The aural effect is that the tones are a bit richer and smoother even though the frequency response is unchanged.
Now that can't be bad! Thanks for all your work!

Hi Soma.

I think it is normal behavior.
If I'm not misunderstanding,I guess AXE-FX2 FW update process recommend hardware reboot(power off then back on).

Thanks. I forgot to say though that I did power off the Axe after the firmware update and before I started playing.

Cheers.

i updated the firmware but i cant see 5153 red or blue patches in my presests whrn i browse in my patches ... need help!

There are no dedicated presets with them already included. It was a firmware upgrade not a presets update. FAS may add some new presets dedicated to them later in an updated preset dowload but that is neither here nor there. Create a new preset from scratch and choose one of the three 5153 amp models or simply take an existing preset and change the amp in the amp block either from the "new" Axe-Edit (1.0.304) or the front panel.

Again it's clear that they are not. If they were nobody should have to make a tonematch.

This is not clear at all. Nobody has to make tonematches - it's an additional feature for those inclined to use it. If you feel that you need to then stop waisting time here and go tonematch something. Everyone will be better off for it.

You're once again mistaking your own observations for facts. Observations few, if any, ever share. Observations for which you rarely, if ever, have any real concrete information to back up your claims. You are either completely convinced that you are consistently right while everyone around you is wrong or you do this sort of thing just to stir things up. In other words you're either our version of that 'special' person in our intrnet village (the type every village is said to have on of) or you're our 'boy who cries wolf'. Neither possibility speaks well of you.

Food for thought.

I had a little time today to play with the new Drive pedals. Since I've never had occasion to use an Doris AC Booster I can only say that I like this model. It worked well pushing amps into overdrive or as a dirty boost for leads. I do have a 100% clone of a 'Burst Eternity (including the 'mystery chip's IC) - a pedal successfully A/B'd side-by-side with a 'Burst E I owned when I built the clone). I plugged my clone into the AxeII's front input and A/B'd it with the Drive blocks Eternal Love model and found it to be very close indeed! In truth it matters less how accurate the model is than how good it sounds and how well it responds. Well, for my part this model is fantastic! I'll definitely be making use of this one moving forward.

I'd love to see a Lovepedal COT50 blue LED drive pedal model down the road a ways. Stacking the COT50 and Eternity as a great sounding combo!

.....might be possible to modify a fuzz models advanced parameters with the gain set low to mimic a COT..... hmmmmm....

You can get a thousand tones out of a single amp & cab combination. That leaves plenty of room for tone matching. Having the same amp as the artist who plays your favorite song isn't the same as having the recorded tone for that song.
Of course you will have differences but here the gap is too big and the differences should not be this way.
The tone match of the XTC model i made is great. Why should i work more for people here?
Sometimes i regret the first forum.

Of course you will have differences but here the gap is too big...
The gap is just as big with "real" amps and cabs.

...and the differences should not be this way.
That's physics. Whether it should work that way or not, neither you nor I can change physics. We live with it.

The tone match of the XTC model i made is great.
Great! I hope you get much pleasure from it. Seriously.

Why should i work more for people here?
I missed the point where someone expected you to work for them.

Sorry, you've completely lost me here.

Of course you will have differences but here the gap is too big and the differences should not be this way.
The tone match of the XTC model i made is great. Why should i work more for people here?

how do you know you used the same excersion, bright switch settings, presence select? Which version on the ecstacy did you use? I can make my Ecstacy sound very similar to the Axe-fx model or very different. It say nothing about tone matching.
My friends 20th Ann. Edition sounds different from my 101B.

solo-act,

I can certainly see your point and it seems that your sort of "half-joking/half-making-a-point." I (like you) gig regularly, but for all we know, funny_polymath (or a number of other "bedroom-players") might/could possibly play circles around us, (..well, play circles around me let's say - lol!) There could be a number of reasons why funny_polymath is NOT a full-time/working/gigging-musician, but it isn't automatically because of a lack of talent/ability...Some guys have suffered serious injuries, and it's either impossible, or the physical wear-and-tear is not deemed worth it, etc. Some guys lose the passion, etc.

I guess my point is (and you probably understand this very well anyways) that for some, gigging gets in your blood, and you feel like you don't have a choice, some guys make the choice not to gig, and some guys (unfortunately) have the decision made for them, due to circumstances/events/conditions outside of their control...

...And yes, for those who "must gig," the re-tweaking of patches is just another reality that you deal with, "cuz you gotta play out!" - LOL!

I'm glad you "smiley-faced" your comment - LOL!

Bill
Thanks for this thoughtful note. In my case, I had a promising career until I was badly injured. It took me 9 years to learn to play properly again, and I still can't play as technically well as I could before. However, I was an audio engineer for many years-something that can give one much better ears, in fact, than playing loud music on stage for decades. I do gig, but I make my living with computers (a good thing, as it put two kids through college). So, I am 'gigging' musician (albeit like once-twice a month), but not a 'working' (for a living) one. I will only add that I am one of many folks who have expressed dismay over how radically FW releases have changed tone in the past. I went from 6.something to 11.0 on my Ultra (needed to to make it work with my new LF+12+), and it was a RADICALLY different machine. I could not go back and still use the LF12+, so I had to tweak like hell, and still never got back to where I wanted to be. That said, I tweaked 6.0 and got a really good tone out of it. From Cliff's description, I do not expect 6.01 to be all that much of a change - I think FAS has gotten a bit more sensitive to the subject of drastic changes in tone produced by FW upgrades.

Back
Top Bottom