Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 4.01 Up

I was testing out the updated 59 Bassguy and my outputs started clipping when I hit the Drive, so I went into it to turn down the level and noticed that the drive is called TREBLE BOOST < 5.00. Does anyone see the same thing? is this a Bug on the name of this drive?
Mine says TREBLE BOOST<1.19 which corresponds to the level of the DRIVE Parameter, and it changes with how the drive is set.

How do you get the 4.0 syx file inside Axe Edit so you can select it? There is nothing there to select.
It is on my desktop. Do I just click on it there?

Then go to AXE EDIT>SETTINGS>UPDATE FIRMWARE>(find the file on your desktop)CLICK ON 4.0 syx FILE>DONE

How do you get the 4.0 syx file inside Axe Edit so you can select it? There is nothing there to select.

You have to use the drop down bar in the pop up window to point to where the 4.0 syx file is. Which is probably on your desktop since you've unzipped the file already. Click it.

Or, you could move the file to the following directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit 1.0\Firmware or wherever the Axe-Edit 1.0\Firmware directory is on your machine.

Last edited:
Wow, the Master Volume is different. Is this 10 still the same as the last 10 or what? It sounds a lot like a change in taper to my tired ears.

Last edited:
Mine says TREBLE BOOST<1.19 which corresponds to the level of the DRIVE Parameter, and it changes with how the drive is set.
I see! Has it always been this way with the TREBLE BOOST? I guess I've never noticed it before, wonder why its only the TREBEL BOOST that displays what the DRIVE is set as. Thanks for the reply Dancing Frog.

Well this is an awesome birthday present. Updating my AxeFX as soon as I get home after tea! Reduced harshness; I am very excited about!

Woah!!! I just got mine yesterday, updated to 3.04, made some sounds. And now there's 4??? Shitz! Must do a revisit!

Cliff is like House on steroids with these epiphanies!

Thanks for the help! I was successful in doing my first firmware update!

I have a question:

When you update the firmware are any patches you have made replaced with the new firmwares patches? Do you lose your custom patches?

Terry

I was just trying to reamp some tracks but I was getting drop outs like crazy with Sonar 8.5... so I decided to update to 3.04... I had selected the file and already had the Axe ready to receive, then something told me to check the forum and bang!!! 4.0!!! Can't wait!!! Updating now... hope this helps with all the drop outs I've been having lately... can't wait to hear the power amp goodness!!!

wow, dropped in the FAS 6150 into my chain and instant VH II tone.
I know the 5150 wasnt around then but Cliffs new version nailed that for me.
You da Man Cliff!!
Now on to the Dual Tape delay ala Andy Timmons!!!
Thanks for a great xmas present!!

Wow, the Master Volume is different. Is this 10 still the same as the last 10 or what? It sounds a lot like a change in taper to my tired ears.

MV operation has changed a lot. Also some other stuff. Gain levels may have changed a lot.

Try higher MV values than before.

I'd reset every Amp block, turn up MV to where you like it and then adjust other controls where desired.

is the Stereo tape delay supposed to default to "Stereo" type or "Tape" type? i don't see any of the new Tape parameters with stereo tape, only with Mono tape... or was stereo tape always there...? i'm confused.

is the Stereo tape delay supposed to default to "Stereo" type or "Tape" type? i don't see any of the new Tape parameters with stereo tape, only with Mono tape... or was stereo tape always there...? i'm confused.

For the new outstanding Tape Echo emulation, set the delay to Mono Tape. This exposes the new parameters.
(Stereo Tape is the same as in previous firmware versions.)

The 4.00 Release Notes have been added to the Wiki where applicable.

Last edited:
This is getting to be a broken record (anyone old enough to get that reference?), but thanks again to Cliff and his team. The AxeFX is truly the gift that keeps on giving...

Well i was an idiot... i started doing the firmware transfer through midi.... i forgot that the usb optiin was there... and it was taking forever! My computer reset itself.... stupid laptop.... but this was a good thing! I then restarted the laptop and plugged the usb.... wow! 4 mins! And perfect!!!!!! Did this in the morning before work... then tested through headphones.... awesome!!! Cant wait to get home... my ev elx 112p arrives tonight!!!! Thanks guys... i am in love with my axe ii

Back
Top Bottom