Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 4.01 Up

8 mins?! geez mine updated w/ all banks too in like a minute and a half tops....

via macbookpro and axe-edit.

Last edited:
So no looper update?

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

The firmwares are coming so fast I can hardly keep up! Excited to check out the tape delay, thanks cliff & fractal team!

I cant even compare it to 3.0. Downloaded that and basically went out of town for the holidays a couple of days later. Got back today, and here's 4.0! Cliff needs to slow down on the epiphanies.

I've tried updating this three times via Axe Edit and all three times, I get Transfer Error! Any suggestions? I changed the MIDI delay rate to 90mS and now it is at 20mS with a buffer size of 256. I suspect the MIDI over USB does not allow for re-transmit like I believe standard USB DFU mode does. I hope that perhaps in the future, it might be raw DFU.

Looper

awesome stuff, can't wait to try! I read something about the looper being updated for this FW, not this time? makes me wonder what it was!

I think they will eventually add a half speed function, and hopefully make the looper stereo.
I really don't want to have to go out and buy a stereo looper to replace the AXE FXII's mono one.
In a unit with all these great stereo effects it really needs to have a stereo looper.

Maybe next update?

Super fast download/update.

Just curious why with each new amp coming out they don't have their own stripped down preset like some of the others upfront (Bank A) - 59 Bassguy, 65 Bassguy, Brownface, Deluxe Verb, etc. Would love to see/hear the default setting your using on these new amps to use as a baseline to tweak with.

How exactly do you update the firmware on the AXE FXII?

Do you use AXE Edit?

I have only had this a week. I need detailed instructions.

How exactly do you update the firmware on the AXE FXII?

Do you use AXE Edit?

I have only had this a week. I need detailed instructions.

AXE FX - Press UTILITY>FIRMWARE>ENTER Button
Then go to AXE EDIT>SETTINGS>UPDATE FIRMWARE>CLICK ON 4.0 syx FILE>DONE

really good! i a/b'd a handful of the factory v3 presets to the v4 and WOW! this is what i'm talking about! thanks cliff and crew!

I was testing out the updated 59 Bassguy and my outputs started clipping when I hit the Drive, so I went into it to turn down the level and noticed that the drive is called TREBLE BOOST < 5.00. Does anyone see the same thing? is this a Bug on the name of this drive?

I was testing out the updated 59 Bassguy and my outputs started clipping when I hit the Drive, so I went into it to turn down the level and noticed that the drive is called TREBLE BOOST < 5.00. Does anyone see the same thing? is this a Bug on the name of this drive?
Yep, I see that. Looks ugly too because it doesn't fix nicely within the box.

Actually, in any preset with a DRV block, if I adjust the TYPE knob, I will see this between the "SUPER OD" and "MID BOOST" types.
I have noticed that the number that is displayed after "TREBLE BOOST" seems to be the value that is currently assigned to the DRIVE knob.

Last edited:
AXE FX - Press UTILITY>FIRMWARE>ENTER Button
Then go to AXE EDIT>SETTINGS>UPDATE FIRMWARE>CLICK ON 4.0 syx FILE>DONE

How do you get the 4.0 syx file inside Axe Edit so you can select it? There is nothing there to select.
It is on my desktop. Do I just click on it there?

Back
Top Bottom