Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 13.02 Released

Cab Lab is $20 and a bargain at that price. I suspect that you, like many people, listen to the OH collection and settle on a few favorites. You purchased OH's collection with dozens and dozens of cabinets, but are using just a few in your presets. Get the new cab lab next week that can handle the conversion and wait for Kevin to release the longer files that can be converted (he's making them available if you just purchased his collections), and covert those favorite few to UltraRes.

Guys are bitching that they don't want to buy $100 for UltraRes versions of all the cabinets. It means you don't want to pay someone else who sat there for a week and converted every file. Well, don't. But that means you'll have to "spend" your own personal time to convert them.

But the way I see it, if I hear a cabinet I like in standard res, and I want to use it in UltraRes, I can convert it myself as I go (with the new CabLab that is probably coming out next week). In my case, I'm only talking about 5-6 cabinets anyways, on day one, and the rest as I explore a little at a time.

I'm very happy with everything and the free firmware system upgrades have made my unit double what I paid for it. This thing is awesome.

I am also very happy with the free firmware updates and all, but that wasn't my point. I just find it weird that FAS is making a non-compete agreement with Ownhammer, that are "forcing" me to pay 20 bucks for something I don't need, just to be able to update a product that I've bought 24 days ago. Especially when other Ownhammer products will be updated (the V1/V2 libraries). The only reason that the studiomix libraries won't be updated to Ultra-rez is because FAS wanted to make these IR's a part of their own collection, and that is why I think it sucks.

Edit: and it's well and good with the 10 free IR's plus the free converted GuitarHack IR's - but that is not something I intend to use. The IR's that I've intented to use, I now have to pay for again.

Cab Lab is $20 and a bargain at that price. I suspect that you, like many people, listen to the OH collection and settle on a few favorites. You purchased OH's collection with dozens and dozens of cabinets, but are using just a few in your presets. Get the new cab lab next week that can handle the conversion and wait for Kevin to release the longer files that can be converted (he's making them available if you just purchased his collections), and covert those favorite few to UltraRes.

Guys are bitching that they don't want to buy $100 for UltraRes versions of all the cabinets. It means you don't want to pay someone else who sat there for a week and converted every file. Well, don't. But that means you'll have to "spend" your own personal time to convert them.

But the way I see it, if I hear a cabinet I like in standard res, and I want to use it in UltraRes, I can convert it myself as I go (with the new CabLab that is probably coming out next week). In my case, I'm only talking about 5-6 cabinets anyways, on day one, and the rest as I explore a little at a time.

I'm very happy with everything and the free firmware system upgrades have made my unit double what I paid for it. This thing is awesome.

How would you suggest Cliff gets paid for all the fruits of his labor creating Ultra Res - a brand new technology? Seems like a very un-american way to be succesfull in business! I think we can correctly assume that many hours of R&D go into these new developments, one must pay for those in order to continue the R&D cycle...

Last edited:
Wahhhhhhhhhh! How about you dont buy anything again and just use what you have? Nobody is putting a gun to your head.

Sorry you bought an iphone two weeks before the new iphone. There will always be something better on the horizon so grow up and accept reality.

Besides any money you provide fractal should be considered a well deserved donation! Sorry you only get extra awesome IRs from that donation over and above out of this world service plus free software upgrades!

What rhymes with rouche?

Wahhhhhhhhhh! How about you dont buy anything again and just use what you have? Nobody is putting a gun to your head.

Sorry you bought an iphone two weeks before the new iphone. There will always be something better on the horizon so grow up and accept reality.

Besides any money you provide fractal should be considered a well deserved donation! Sorry you only get extra awesome IRs from that donation over and above out of this world service plus free software upgrades!

What rhymes with rouche?

What RON said, minus the rouche bit...

The IR's that I've intented to use, I now have to pay for again.

maybe, but you don't have to use UltraRes versions of them. you really don't. the previous ones sound really great already. you paid for HiRes versions of those IRs. that's what you have.

want the best and newest in life though? you usually have to pay for it. you want ownhammer and fractal companies to continue to exist? they need to be supported. a whole ton of work has just been completed, and it takes work to make old stuff compatible with new stuff. i don't think that should be completely free.

i have a few musicman petrucci guitars. the new model is about to be released. should i get that for free since i have a bunch of the old ones?

I am also very happy with the free firmware updates and all, but that wasn't my point. I just find it weird that FAS is making a non-compete agreement with Ownhammer, that are "forcing" me to pay 20 bucks for something I don't need, just to be able to update a product that I've bought 24 days ago. Especially when other Ownhammer products will be updated (the V1/V2 libraries). The only reason that the studiomix libraries won't be updated to Ultra-rez is because FAS wanted to make these IR's a part of their own collection, and that is why I think it sucks.

Edit: and it's well and good with the 10 free IR's plus the free converted GuitarHack IR's - but that is not something I intend to use. The IR's that I've intented to use, I now have to pay for again.

Dude, you get a warehouse full of incredible sounding cabs for 99 bucks. Sell your coffee table if you have too. This is all you'll ever need. This is like manna from heaven.

I should add that I just purchased a bunch of own hammer cabs a couple of weeks ago and frankly I don't care if I can use them or not. I am a happy freaken camper. You really can't put a price on how truly awesome and mind-blowing this is.

Last edited:
FW 13 sounds better to me than FW 12.04b, even with the same cabs. Is there any difference (other than for the amps that had bugs in the settings fixed), or is it placebo effect?

FW 13 sounds better to me than FW 12.04b, even with the same cabs. Is there any difference (other than for the amps that had bugs in the settings fixed), or is it placebo effect?

This is not a placebo effect. When you couple just about any ultra rez cab with just about any amp it is good….mind blowing good. Buy the cab pack if you can.

No, you've paid to buy IRs (HiRes) and you've got them.

Turn back time two days. All is well.

This is not a placebo effect. When you couple just about any ultra rez cab with just about any amp it is good….mind blowing good. Buy the cab pack if you can.

But I said "even with the same cabs." i.e even without switching the the ultra-high res.

Amazing update! THANK YOU Cliff, Fractal!!! :)

One odd thing... My UltraRez cabs (the 10 free ones) are appearing in Axe Edit in a large, italic text/font. No big deal - just wondering if anyone else has seen this?

Amazing update! THANK YOU Cliff, Fractal!!! :)

One odd thing... My UltraRez cabs (the 10 free ones) are appearing in Axe Edit in a large, italic text/font. No big deal - just wondering if anyone else has seen this?

That's normal, to help differentiate between normal and Ultra Res cabs.

What rhymes with rouche?

:lol You go girl!..snap.

Can we just all note at this point that this forum is not a safe place for people to state any complaints they have about anything Fractal related and all move on?

Back
Top Bottom