Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 13.02 Released

Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 13.01 Released

Resetting the amp by switching to another and back ... The sound change drastically with a loss of volume as well... It was a patch made with 12.04 beta ... But if the paradigm is the same will be not have much difference or at list no difference at all ... Am I wrong ? Or is that a bug ?

Please keep bug reports to the respective forums. Putting links in here just clutters things up.

I have had numerous lockups and freezes while using AE 3.0.4 with 13.01 as well. Reboot always brought it back.

I'm updating to 13.02 now. Will put it through it's paces this afternoon.

Really, really excited for FW13. Sounds amazing coming from 12.02... Thanks again Cliff and FAS!

Last edited:
I've never had an issue upgrading before. I received an ERROR message on my AXE screen when I tried to load the 13.02 software.

The message along with the error from fractal-bot was something about not having to manually put the axe in update mode.

I rebooted and tried again and it worked fine. JUST an FYI (no MFC was plugged in).

Thanks again for the great work and ruining all my outdoor Saturday plans!

Last edited:
I've never had an issue upgrading before. I received an ERROR message on my AXE screen when I tried 13.02.
I rebooted and tried again and it worked fine. JUST an FYI (no MFC was plugged in).

I had my first update failure also with 13.01 I think. Used fractal-bot and got a transfer error and a message saying something about not having to manually put the axe in update mode. 2nd time worked fine; 13.02 transferred and loaded fine first try.

I've had communication errors for the first time ever and had to reboot for 13.00.

I didn't have my midi controller (liquid foot) off when it happened. I also decided to power down the next successive midi device that is connected to the Axe FX's Midi Out, just to eliminate any possibility (anal retentive) of MIDI communication interference.

I had some software for backing up my hard drive running, so I turned every other task off that I could.

Everything worked fine after that and I didn't lose any data or corrupt anything in my Axe FX.

It sounds amazing.

I could conquer the world with the DC-30 and the Liverpool....if I played guitar better.

You would've had to buy CabLab anyways. OwnHammer only provides wave files. If you want UltraRes you need to either buy the UltraRes cabs from us or use CabLab to convert the wave files to UltraRes.

Well, that is only because you wanted to use the Ownhammer studio mix libraries as a FAS cab pack and therefore made some sort of non-compete agreement - all of Kevins future cab packs will be Ultra-rez, so why didn't you just let him update his current libraries to ultra-rez? He is even considering updating V1/V2 libraries to Ultra-rez. It kind of sucks for everyone who bought Kevins IR before we knew that this would happen. I for one have never intented to buy cab-lab.

Axe-Fx II Firmware Release Notes
Fixed Ring Mod Bypass mode not sticking on preset change.
Fixed engaging Fat switch on FAS Bass amp model causes distortion. Note that this amp uses an active tone stack and the Fat switch will have no effect.

Well, that is only because you wanted to use the Ownhammer studio mix libraries as a FAS cab pack and therefore made some sort of non-compete agreement - all of Kevins future cab packs will be Ultra-rez, so why didn't you just let him update his current libraries to ultra-rez? He is even considering updating V1/V2 libraries to Ultra-rez. It kind of sucks for everyone who bought Kevins IR before we knew that this would happen. I for one have never intented to buy cab-lab.

I have quite a few OH IRs and CabLab. I'm just relieved to find out that I will be able to convert to Ulta Res.

Cliff, thanks for providing us with alternatives a various price points!

Cab Lab is $20 and a bargain at that price. I suspect that you, like many people, listen to the OH collection and settle on a few favorites. You purchased OH's collection with dozens and dozens of cabinets, but are using just a few in your presets. Get the new cab lab next week that can handle the conversion and wait for Kevin to release the longer files that can be converted (he's making them available if you just purchased his collections), and covert those favorite few to UltraRes.

Guys are bitching that they don't want to buy $100 for UltraRes versions of all the cabinets. It means you don't want to pay someone else who sat there for a week and converted every file. Well, don't. But that means you'll have to "spend" your own personal time to convert them.

But the way I see it, if I hear a cabinet I like in standard res, and I want to use it in UltraRes, I can convert it myself as I go (with the new CabLab that is probably coming out next week). In my case, I'm only talking about 5-6 cabinets anyways, on day one, and the rest as I explore a little at a time.

I'm very happy with everything and the free firmware system upgrades have made my unit double what I paid for it. This thing is awesome.

Can someone check to see if the FXLoop is working properly. It might just be me but I'm not getting a direct output from output 2.

Edit - I'd put it in the bug list forum, but I think this is just user error.

EDIT2 - CONFIRMED USER ERROR. Sorry for the bandwidth!

Back
Top Bottom