Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 1.05 Up

Changed volume blocks to thru and still no sound. Hmmm??

Created a simple amp & Cab patch and have sound.

ps Cliff thank you for heeding my original call for Hair!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course updated Brown!!!! my brutha

Is there any disadvantage to jumping updates, say from 1.02 to 1.05? thank you.
It's like jumping from Christmas 2012 to 2015: no disadvantage except you miss 2 years of gifts...

Actually you don't really miss them here. You just receive them later.

Other than the volume block thing discussed, if I upgrade will it alter the sound of my patches?

Sweet. Thanks yek. Still blows my mind that I can ask a question in Brooklyn NY and get an answer from an expert in the netherlands 2 minutes later. The world is an awesome place! AND my axe 2 is slaying live!

Sweet. Thanks yek. Still blows my mind that I can ask a question in Brooklyn NY and get an answer from an expert in the netherlands 2 minutes later. The world is an awesome place! AND my axe 2 is slaying live!

Haha, I know exactly what you mean, those bytes travelling all over the world in just a few seconds, probably through some backbone server way back in the East too ... nothng less than mindboggling.

Had my first practice with 1.05 last Tuesday and the first half of the output knob (through 12 o'clock) seems very low... then at around 1-2 o'clock the volume just jumps dramatically... I tried it via my headphones and I almost have to max my volume using my BeyerDynamics DT770's... I'm loving that it doesn't digitally "jump" anymore but I would love to not have it have such a sudden "jump" in volume if possible... Thanks a bunch for this great update Cliff!!!!

These new amp models are amazing....and I LOVE the taper on the Output knob now. works much better than before.
Thanks Cliff

Had my first practice with 1.05 last Tuesday and the first half of the output knob (through 12 o'clock) seems very low... then at around 1-2 o'clock the volume just jumps dramatically... I tried it via my headphones and I almost have to max my volume using my BeyerDynamics DT770's... I'm loving that it doesn't digitally "jump" anymore but I would love to not have it have such a sudden "jump" in volume if possible... Thanks a bunch for this great update Cliff!!!!
Cliff stated in another thread that the volume taper had changed, but overall output level remained the same. This caused my to have to increase the output knob levels from about 9 am mark the 1pm mark - to get same levels to FOH + monitors. I agree that the gradient seems steeper than before with a steep slope in the noon to 3pm range... and a lesser slope from off -> noon.

- I turn off - and always have - all my power amps (and headphones get unplugged) so no 'pop' surprises I noticed... because it can't happen if you follow my methodology. :D
Doesn't help those of us with floor monitors in hard-to-reach places. 1.05 output is better in terms of no zipper noise and ability to turn volume all the way down, but seems worse in terms of power-off pop. Maybe the power-off pop is the same but seems worse because I'm not expecting it.

Doesn't help those of us with floor monitors in hard-to-reach places. 1.05 output is better in terms of no zipper noise and ability to turn volume all the way down, but seems worse in terms of power-off pop. Maybe the power-off pop is the same but seems worse because I'm not expecting it.

The same thing happens if you turn off an amp before putting it on standby. Generally it is a good practice to turn off poweramps before turning off everything else. As a suggestion, I would consider getting something like an APC G5 rack power filter. The nice thing is that it stages the devices power on and power off so that it does give you any pops. You bought nice equipment. Don't cheap out on your power.

-Nate

Back
Top Bottom