Axe-Fx II Firmware V11.02 and New Preset Banks

so the correct value is 5 now in FW11.01 ? or is it depend on amp models ?
for plexi treb, 1987 and Brit800 the value was 9 with presets and FW11.01.
Excuse me if I'm asking for stupid questions ! but still not clear for me: what should be the right values for these 3 amp for example :9 or 5 ?

btw just tried the 1987 Jumped: really great !

No the correct value depends on the selected amp model, if it is at 9, then it's 9 until you change the value manually.

Loaded up 11.01 last nite , and presets , Every patch I went though ,with the exception of a couple amps I just don't care for sounded Great! even better than 11.0 Gold Star Cliff!!! Also gigged over the weekend w/ 11.0 and was simply astounded at how great and right my patches sounded!! Allways struggled a bit prior tp 11.0 with lows being somewhat congested,not now! Awesome Job Cliff!! Hit the mark with this one!!!!!

i just check and the value for Plexi Treble and it was at 9... lower it to 5 and the tone aws more... agressive, full, less flubby... so seems to be better.
But just to be clear, i'm not sure to perfectly understand the release note sentence "Fixed Amp block Triode Hardness not loading proper value for model but
defaulting to 5.00". Does that mean the Triode hardness must be set at 5 for a correct value ?

That sentence means that for some unknown reason(for us), the triode hardness decided to default itself to the value 5 for all amps in fw 11, instead of the model specific value that is different for different amp models.

Sans titre.jpg

Since i updated my axe fx 2 from fw11 to fw 11.01, i can read this message every time i launch a 3.0. Is-it normal ?
Moreover, i have remark that the 8 band eq in the amp is not the same on the front panel and on the ae 3.0. Is-it normal too ?

I have 63, 125, 250, 500, 1, 2, 4, 8 on the front panel and 80, 160, 320, 640, 1250, 2500, 5000, 10 000 on the ae 3.0.

View attachment 17325

Since i updated my axe fx 2 from fw11 to fw 11.01, i can read this message every time i launch a 3.0. Is-it normal ?
Moreover, i have remark that the 8 band eq in the amp is not the same on the front panel and on the ae 3.0. Is-it normal too ?

I have 63, 125, 250, 500, 1, 2, 4, 8 on the front panel and 80, 160, 320, 640, 1250, 2500, 5000, 10 000 on the ae 3.0.
See here for #1 : http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-edit-general-discussion/74409-reading-savin-block-definitions.html

View attachment 17325
this will be fixed in an upcoming update. the values shown in AE are just representing numbers, which happen to be slightly off due to a previous bug (AE's UI can't update itself yet ;) ). moving the sliders however, adjusts the correct values as shown on the hardware.

That sentence means that for some unknown reason(for us), the triode hardness decided to default itself to the value 5 for all amps in fw 11, instead of the model specific value that is different for different amp models.

Ok thank you all gentlemen, that's clear now. Depending of the sound you're about, this triode param value from 5 to 9 makes some subtle changes from a kind of more round (or flubby depending on setting disto, eq, etc.) to a more hard one... so all can be obtained, and that's the point.

Anyway, we have bunches of marschally, fender, mesa, soldano, caroll ann... in that wonderful box with FW11 and all these amps sound great . No equivallent solution to that !
I really think all tones can be reached with very few tweakings now.

The default hardness value is based on the tubes that were in the amp being modeled. Most tubes fall in the range of 8 to 9. Perhaps old Mullards or Gold Lions or whatever are softer and would be equivalent to 5 or less. I don't know, I've never tested any.

In general lower values will sound softer (naturally) but have less note separation. Higher values will give a more aggressive distortion and better note separation.

There are no rules. Adjust the value to your personal preference. I doubt a real tube would ever be able to get to a value of zero but that doesn't mean it isn't a useable sound.

The default hardness value is based on the tubes that were in the amp being modeled. Most tubes fall in the range of 8 to 9. Perhaps old Mullards or Gold Lions or whatever are softer and would be equivalent to 5 or less. I don't know, I've never tested any.

In general lower values will sound softer (naturally) but have less note separation. Higher values will give a more aggressive distortion and better note separation.

There are no rules. Adjust the value to your personal preference. I doubt a real tube would ever be able to get to a value of zero but that doesn't mean it isn't a useable sound.

Thanks a lot Cliff for these very clear information.
What's great with the AF2 is that we can adjust and tweak to reach what we have in mind (for the best or the worst... but that's another story !). And this is the unique tool on the market to handle such approach.

Again, thanks Cliff and your team for such powerful "toy" and your customer proximity: unique experience in hightech industry (and may be because your are not an industrial company !)

Thanks Cliff! I've been so busy playing I didn't want to stop to post a thank you! FW 11 is so killer, and then the quick release of 11.01 to fix a few issues and give us another jumpered amp. It's easy to see why Fractal is on top.

I haven't had to make any major changes to get the sound I was getting, but I've found that with the improvements in feel I'm less inclined to use drive blocks in front of any amp to goose my heavy rhythm guitar sounds. And frankly I haven't had to turn up the gain on the amp much if at all to compensate on most of my presets. The overall result is that I'm getting more "clarity of distortion" on my rhythm tracks. (That's a phrase a buddy and mine have been using to describe it since we were teenagers.) The feel is still there without as much gain and without the drive block changing the tone.

Love the Jumpered Plexi. I'm a modern hard rock and metal player, but this one is killer for what it is. I started with my regular Plexi 100 preset from 11beta and switched it over. Immediately I could tell I'd be sticking with the jumpered version. A few twists of the basic controls and I had the best Plexi sound I've ever had. The new 1987 is on my short list of things I need to try out, but there's only so much you can get to in a day.

Firmware 11.01 updated
New preset banks updated.
Fractal Bot is awesome.
Updating process on my Win7 machine, painless.
Tones coming through my RCF12 sound awesome.

recording demos today gtr > AxeII > PreSonus Firestudio Project > Studio One 2.6

Current mood: Grateful

Awwww yea!!

Cliff, thanks again. Go out on your vacation. Enjoy it with your family.
When you come back, we'll all be here posting comments on how happy we have been during your time off.
FAS rocks in Brazil too.

Cliff, thanks again. Go out on your vacation. Enjoy it with your family.
When you come back, we'll all be here posting comments on how happy we have been during your time off.
FAS rocks in Brazil too.

Olá! Sou brasileiro também...:) Uso o Fractal com um Power Mesa Boogie Simul Class 2: Ninety e duas caixas 2x12 com falantes Eminence
obtendo um resultado fantástico.

Qualquer coisa estamos aí para trocarmos experiênicas.

Abração!
Walter Sá

How do you listen through the factory 11 presets without "axe manage" working in AE3 ( without messing up your esisting presets)
Reg AJJ

Back
Top Bottom