Axe-Fx II Firmware V11.02 and New Preset Banks

Hmmm,11.01 loaded new firmware and banks, both TRIPTkK presets....no sound ? I do not see a FXL block ?

As per usual Cliff, "Thanks Man!" I really dig your Sunday night/lousy weather philosophy.

Wow!! Step out for dinner and there's dessert waiting when I get home !! thanks Cliff !!

Hi Cliff -- thanks for exposing the MV cap in the Dumble.

I went to advanced parameter and it is set to a default of 1pf.

Is there a way to defeat the bright cap all together?

From what I understand (and correct me if I am wrong) Dumble added the bright cap there mostly for clients that intended to use his amp with a dumblelator and RG-400 cables for Line Level Time based FX (2290 in ford's case). The high cap RG-400 cables rolled off the highs.

Hi Cliff -- thanks for exposing the MV cap in the Dumble.

I went to advanced parameter and it is set to a default of 1pf.

Is there a way to defeat the bright cap all together?

From what I understand (and correct me if I am wrong) Dumble added the bright cap there mostly for clients that intended to use his amp with a dumblelator and RG-400 cables for Line Level Time based FX (2290 in ford's case). The high cap RG-400 cables rolled off the highs.

Setting it to 1 pF defeats it. It would be inaudible anyways at that low a value.

Reactions: LVC
They have an FXL block. Just remove it.

Hi Cliff,
Some weirdness with that, first time visiting the patch the FXL was bypassed , and had no sound.
I came back to it, still bypassed , and now sound.

I shunted it now its fine. I noticed this in the 11 banks as well, may AE thing ?

I don't know if my ears are crazy but the Freidman HBE was the first preset I went to and it sounds very open. I love it......... I am sure it is the placebo effect and nothing changed in the model.... LOL....:shock

I don't know if my ears are crazy but the Freidman HBE was the first preset I went to and it sounds very open. I love it......... I am sure it is the placebo effect and nothing changed in the model.... LOL....:shock

Triode Hardness fix does theoretically improve note separation and clarity. It's VERY subtle though. You really have to listen closely.

Thank you for all the work cliff... the AC30 cleaned up a little bit, but my Uber ( main amp ) sounds quite a bit darker... ? Went back to 11.00 and fat, present, and clear, again... what parameters changed ?

Thank you for all the work cliff... the AC30 cleaned up a little bit, but my Uber ( main amp ) sounds quite a bit darker... ? Went back to 11.00 and fat, present, and clear, again... what parameters changed ?

None.

Nope... wasn't using the Graphic EQ... will see if some other parameter might have changed... it's like 11b on the Uber had a low end bump that was like coupling a couple marshall cabs to a wall... a little over the top but smile inducing ;-) v11 took away the bump, but leveled it out... nice and round and open... 11.01 is like it went back to halfway between the two... I'll find it...

Thank you for your tireless work... some sleep is well deserved !

Back
Top Bottom